Photos Tomorrow - Need Some Support

Tomorrow I'm having engagement photos taken. I haven't had my picture taken in over 2 years because of the way I looked. I'm still 5 pounds from where I want to be and I'm feeling very self-conscious and anxious about these pictures. I still see myself as fat, even though others probably don't.

But I'm just an emotional, nervous wreck over these and I've been crying on and off today. It's silly, I know.

But anyways, I'm just needing a bit of support from people who know what it's like.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I'm sure the photographer is a professional and knows how to make people look great at all different body types and sizes... And I'm sure you will look BEAUTIFUL no matter what, because you will be happy... I've never seen a bad looking picture of someone who looked happy... no matter what their physical condition...

Relax and have fun!!! If you hate the pictures, then no one has to see them but your and your fiance... and they are to remember a very important part of your life... 10 years from now, no matter what they look like you will be so glad you got them done! Have fun! I'm sure you will look fantastic!
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    I'm sure the photographer is a professional and knows how to make people look great at all different body types and sizes... And I'm sure you will look BEAUTIFUL no matter what, because you will be happy... I've never seen a bad looking picture of someone who looked happy... no matter what their physical condition...

Relax and have fun!!! If you hate the pictures, then no one has to see them but your and your fiance... and they are to remember a very important part of your life... 10 years from now, no matter what they look like you will be so glad you got them done! Have fun! I'm sure you will look fantastic!

I think you will be surprised how great you look. Honestly. It takes a long time for our mental image to catch up with our physical reality. Both when we gain and when we lose. I think you will be happy! It'll be a relief :) just smile.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Sorry I quoted that. Idk what I'm doing on here most of the time !!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    I agree with everyone else, you're going to looks amazing! Your love with your fiance will really show! Couple tips is to get your outfit you plan to wear on and have your fiance take some photos of you with a phone. Then make sure that you like the way it looks or if you need to make constant adjustments. Also, talk with your photographer the day of and say that you're self conscious, so would like flattering poses.

Best of luck! And make sure you have fun!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    You should feel great that you are only 5 pounds from your goal!!!!! Honestly I bet if you did not have those 5 pounds you would look no different in the pictures. You will be beautiful and I am never wrong! :) There are a lot of good tips here already. Have a great time and trust your photographer.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372 Member
    Thank you for the support!! I've been trying to keep my mind off of it and my anxiety levels low. Just went for a nice walk to help.

I'm hoping it will be fun!! I hate having my picture taken! Even before I got fat I hated it. haha
  • nicole7275
    nicole7275 Posts: 8 Member
    Well as hard as you have been working out- I am sure you look great, even though i dont know what you look like. lol, but you have been killing it with work outs. Great job! Hope you show us some pics!