Thoughts on V8 good or bad for you

Options
2»

Replies

• Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I have tried the low sodium but like the original better. My blood pressure is actually very normal. I think everyone is surprised by my blood work because I am overweight but my blood levels are all perfect.

My grandfather who was very very fit died of a heart attack in his late 50's. Growing up my father always said you better be careful or you will have a hear attack! So seeing the sodium scared me.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about regular V8 or V8 Splash? Regular V8 taste nasty.....V8 Splash is amazing
  • Rivers2k
    Options
    I am very busy with work and 2 young kids. For Fruit and Veggies I get a piece of fruit before the gym in the morning and what ever side I have with dinner. Salads here and there. I love veggies but not enough make it into my diet.

I thought two cups of V8 a day should help out. Then I noticed the sodium ouch! what do you think should I ad them or work harder at preparing veggies in the morning? I already get up a 5:15 am to hit the gym in and have an hour commute to work each way.

I say have the freakin V8! LOL . You are obviously making a huge effort by waking up at 5:15, driving an hour each way to work, and taking care of 2 young kids. If you find time to prepare veggies, great. But if not, drink the V8 and get some veggies that way. It's better than nothing.

(and when possible, maybe you could chop a bunch of fresh veggies in the evening and put them in ziplock bags to get you through the week)

LOL Thanks that was encouraging! I will drink the FREAKIN V8 and like it!
  • Rivers2k
    Options
    Are we talking about regular V8 or V8 Splash? Regular V8 taste nasty.....V8 Splash is amazing

Regular V8 I love the taste! I prefer salty things over sweet.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any blood pressure issues, the sodium shouldn't kill you. But maybe try the low sodium version if you're trying to watch it a bit. But instead of 2 V8's, why not have 1 V8 and a handful of veggies?
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    now I want some V8...nom nom nom
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    regarding bp, me too, my blood pressure is on the low end so I actually had an endocrinologist tell me to increase my sodium/potassium if I was feeling particularly low. I have a blood pressure cuff and will sometimes take a "salt pill" if I'm feeling rotten and bp is quite low.

My point is, a low sodium diet is NOT one-size-fits-all.
  • AllisonS79
    AllisonS79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am very busy with work and 2 young kids. For Fruit and Veggies I get a piece of fruit before the gym in the morning and what ever side I have with dinner. Salads here and there. I love veggies but not enough make it into my diet.

I thought two cups of V8 a day should help out. Then I noticed the sodium ouch! what do you think should I ad them or work harder at preparing veggies in the morning? I already get up a 5:15 am to hit the gym in and have an hour commute to work each way.

I say have the freakin V8! LOL . You are obviously making a huge effort by waking up at 5:15, driving an hour each way to work, and taking care of 2 young kids. If you find time to prepare veggies, great. But if not, drink the V8 and get some veggies that way. It's better than nothing.

(and when possible, maybe you could chop a bunch of fresh veggies in the evening and put them in ziplock bags to get you through the week)

LOL Thanks that was encouraging! I will drink the FREAKIN V8 and like it!

Good :wink: haha