New and first serious attempt at getting fit!!!

Options
catneon
catneon Posts: 911 Member
Hi there! I'm 30 something (been pretending to turn 29 for a few years lol!) no kids, and I've been carrying about 80 extra pounds for quite a few year, 40 of those when I stopped smoking almost 8 years ago. I've had lots of difficulty relating and even getting help because the reason why I am overweight is all the bad things I've done to ensure my metabolism worked at the slowest pace possible, I worked high stressed jobs with long hours and survived on coffee and maybe one meal a day not bad food (but not always good food either!) but it didn't matter my body just stocked it!

But all that has changed, for the last 3 years I've been making efforts and I now eat regularly and I am finally ready to get in shape! I am careful with what I eat regardless and I am using the calorie counter.

I am on my first week of TURBO FIRE!!! I had done a few Turbo Jam workouts and I really liked it so I committed to doing the Turbo Fire program.

Replies

• peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to be serious! Fitness and healthy eating are lifestyle changes. Consider the journey as a marathon and not a sprint and you will do well by yourself. Results will not happen over night or in just a week (although you should expect to see some weight loss even in the first week) If 80lbs is your weight loss goal safely plan for a couple of pounds a week and Turbo Fire will help facilitate those goals! God bless you and rock it darlin!!!
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    Awesome!! Do not get discourage and stay the course of fitness and nutrition. Good luck to you! It is an awesome ride!!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!

I am currently working thru TURBO JAM myself and LOVE IT!!! TurboFire is my next program!!! :)
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I got serious in January, after I realized I had a pattern of the same bad behavior that I could time by the calendar. In January I was committed, by March I was losing momentum, by May I was back to my old habits, by August I was repenting, by October I was defeated. Over and over every year.
    So this year I got a trainer in March so I wouldnt lose my momentum and she kept me going thru June. I did slack off over the summer, but I have not gained back what I lost and have not returned to my bad habits.
    Definetly find something you can stick with for the long haul. I'm glad you are eating regular meals. Good luck to you!
  • givenshl
    Options
    Good for you. Good Luck on your Journey.
  • gorda1245
    Options
    You are doing great! can you tell me more about turbo jam? I am 64 have lost over 20 pounds and tried to exercise every day, need to try something different.
  • catneon
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are fitness programs available by BeachBoday (P90X, Insanity etc...) Turbo Jam was the first program and it is cardio program based on dancing and kicks. You really need to be coordinated! you never stop moving and it's fun! What I liked is that Chalene (the instructor) never stops, she does the whole workout herself and pushes you.

Turbo Fire is basically Turbo Jam matured into a more complete program more in the concept of P90X with cardio, sculpting and stretching.
  • Jason_Patrick
    Options
    Wow...if this isn't a marketing post, I don't know what is
  • catneon
    Options
    Huummm... how about it's just a good explanation answering a question!