Need a new blender that makes good smoothies!

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
I have had the same blender for several years & I used to rarely touch it. But, now, that I'm eating healthier & making smoothies constantly this one I'm using just isn't cutting it. I need one that's strong & good at chopping ice & such. It doesn't have to be, nor do I want it to be super expensive or fancy. I just need something that will get the job done. So which ones work well for you guys? TIA!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I like my Ninja. It even came with travel size cups that you blend in so you can blend your smoothie, snap on the travel cup lid, and you are good to go!
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja Master Prep and love it! It was around $50 at Target. It comes with both a pitcher for smoothies, etc. and a 2-cup processor for making things like homemade salsa, etc. It is the first "blender" that I have had that really crushes the ice. It's almost like snow... lol
  • DJ2120
    Options
    2 votes for the ninja so far!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I picked up a factory refurbished Blendtec commercial blender on eBay - they're a little pricey but it gets a lot of use (Mostly for my kids to quickly refuel between school and soccer practices). Before that I went through several (what I thought were decent quality) blenders over a couple of years.
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I vote Ninja too..I smoothie a meal a day usually and I'm hooked! (It is so sharp though..be careful, I cut myself already ;)
  • MobileLyn
    MobileLyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got a Cuisinart Compact Blending/Chopping System from BedBathBeyond. It comes with 4 "to-go" cups that I use to blend & go and also has a regular blender container for family quantities.

It blends excellent, even frozen fruit, as well as crushes ice or nuts. I throw everything but the base in the top rack of the dishwasher. I''ve had it a year & it's still like new with almost daily use.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!