i hate water

Options
I find it hard to drink 64 oz a day. Our water here tastes really bad. But I drink a lot of hot tea plain. Should I count the water in that towards my daily intake?

Replies

• tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I hate water to. I never drink it. I just get all I need though other means.
    I count the tea, you got H2O in it.
  • bwoz11
    bwoz11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    its not that you have to drink 64 oz of plain water a day.. there is water in fruit, veggies, soup, other drinks, etc.. i would say you can count some of that towards it yeah, depending on the caffeine content tho.. caffeine dehydrates you.
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    its effort but why dont you boil it n then let it cool n then drink it... "hard water" - water that hasnt been filtered too well.. tastes not too good so that might help? or buy a brita filter jug
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can put flavoring in your water like mio, crystal light, and lipton teas. I would also suggest investing in a water filter, makes a huge difference. You can definitely count tea towards your intake as well.
  • TerrieBNLWECHANGED
    Options
    Go to wal-mart and get those Great Value flavor packets. I don't like the taste of water, but when I add a flavor packet, YUM!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    From a hydration point of view all liquids/fluids count. You can also get a considerable amount of your daily requirements just from food (an apple is about 80% water).

If your water tastes bad perhaps something like a Brita filter will solve that problem.

Personally I like water - zero calories and (for practical purposes) free from the tap.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Our water also tastes bad. I have a Brita pitcher and that helps some.

I make caffeine-free tea and if I'm just having water I add a drop or two of an extract to it (usually mint or orange), which helps mask the taste of the water.

Somebody also posted about putting 2 apples and 2 cinnamon sticks into 2 liters of water, which I'll try when my current pitcher is empty.

I think a lot of people like a product called Mio to flavor their water.

I count all of these as water.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have to drink tap water (which isn't often because I buy bottled) I put MiO in it so it doesn't taste of floride and junk .. But I would count your tea ... or drink hot water plain if you can do that!

Good luck!!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah the water over here sucks too! If only there was a way to like filter it or if at least one company out there would just bottle good water and sell it to me then i wouldn't have to drink it out of this dirty garden hose anymore. WHY ARE THERE SO FEW DAMN CHOICES TO GET CLEAN GOOD TASTING WATER?!?!?!?! :drinker:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You'll find some people that say yes, and others that say no. I find it hard to drink water as well unless it's ice cold-I freeze bottles over night and drink them throughout the day. Can you get bottled water or purfied water? They now have bottles you can buy that have a filters in them; CamelBak (http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Waterorg-Bottle.aspx) has a great one as does Brita (http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/#)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Do you want to count it towards your water intake? If yes then do so, if not then don't

Pretty easy huh?

Don't worry about getting X amount of water per day just stay hydrated
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    All I drink all day is green tea and fortunately for me I can just keep re-filling my giant mug at work with hot water so I end up drinking a lot of water during the day. If you hate water that much, there are means to make it more appealing to you. Try flavor packs (sugar free) they come in a variety of flavors.
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    yup - I drink flavoured tea all day and count it towards my water intake. I drink caffeine free tea with no milk or sugar.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have well water, and wouldn't drink that, even though I had a filtration system installed. But I have a water delivery service that brings 6 gallon bottles of spring water right to my house. It's totally worth it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I use a brita pitcher at home and I have a brita water bottle (it has the filter in the bottle) at work. Sometimes I'll pour it into a cup and squirt some Mio in there. I love the fruit punch and the black cherry energy ones. I have a hard time getting 8 cups too, but it helps.
  • embercakez
    Options
    I hate air, but I needs it.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. My nutritionist suggested watered down crystal light which I can do easier. However, I still have trouble getting 8 glasses of lemonade in and I have been aiming at least 4 glasses and count fruit and veggies as having the rest of my liquid intake.
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    LOC - Lemon orange cucumber slices in a pitcher. I love it!

I have the issue with drinking plain too and I use Crystal Light or the above mentioned.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    How do people come to hate something that is the single most essential thing they must consume every day?

My guess: marketing. When I was a kid we always drank tap water. Now marketers have convinced us that at the least, we need to have some sort of filtration device to drink tap water and that we are better off drinking it out of a bottle.

It also speaks to our national addiction to sugar.