New to adding friends...

Options
Hi there! So, I have technically been on MFP since June 2012 but I didn't really start to be serious and keep meticulous track of everything on here until the beginning of August. Since that time, however, I have worked hard to lose weight and have lost a substantial amount (yay!) while being on here every single day. I have been reading the message boards all the time, and I have found them to be incredibly useful in keeping me on track. By extension, I started thinking that maybe it was time to broaden my horizons here on MFP and get some friends!

A little bit about me: I am vegetarian (have been for about 8 years, though not the healthy kind...) and working towards a completely vegan diet (I have some non-vegan foods, but less and less). I swim three to four times a week and walk at least 30 minutes per day (usually more like 60 since I live in San Francisco without a car, so everything requires walking). I am really trying to make lasting changes in my life as I have always battled being at least overweight. I have a LONG way to go towards my goal, and I am trying to keep everything in perspective, but I could use a little help with that.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is kind enough to add me to your friends list!

Replies

• GetFitCarly
    Options
    I added you :)
  • Thanks!! :)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you too. Though I don't get the whole no meat thing, you might teach me something about being vegetarian!
  • I'm adding you too. Though I don't get the whole no meat thing, you might teach me something about being vegetarian!

Lol. Thanks for giving this vegetarian a chance!! :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sending a request. Would love to learn more about vegetarian cooking!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you too. Though I don't get the whole no meat thing, you might teach me something about being vegetarian!

Lol. Thanks for giving this vegetarian a chance!! :)

I meant no disrespect, by the way, and have absolutely nothing against vegetarians. I'm just a meat fan and never really understand people who aren't.
  • jodie091
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • crennells
    crennells Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for awhile as well getting used to it. I just added my first friend this week. Request sent for friend numbet 2.