The true benefit of MFP

Options
As I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes this morning, I read the following message directed to me on MFP:

"I'm going on a road trip today and decided I WILL make good choices- using your post about making better decisions on long drives as inspiration! Thanks!"

For me, this post represents the true benefit of using this website. I learned something from my own mistakes and shared it publicly on a message board. Someone else read it and used what I wrote as motivation. In turn, this morning, I read someone else's post about pushing through tiredness while exercising, and it motivated me to exercise farther and faster.

What we have here is a group of fellow travelers who are inspiring and motivating each other to do what we were previously not able to do by ourselves.

I think that's pretty special.

Replies

• dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Agreed. :)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I think YOU are pretty special, MFP friend! You are inspiring. Love this post, you're right, we are all traveling down this road together.
  • bethany598
    bethany598 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I get a lot of motivation and information from people's "random" thoughts. You are always an inspiration!! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    This site is amazing thanks to people like you who share their insights, trials, and tribulations. I know I would not be where I am right now if it wasn't for the support of my pals. :)
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    As I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes this morning, I read the following message directed to me on MFP:

"I'm going on a road trip today and decided I WILL make good choices- using your post about making better decisions on long drives as inspiration! Thanks!"

For me, this post represents the true benefit of using this website. I learned something from my own mistakes and shared it publicly on a message board. Someone else read it and used what I wrote as motivation. In turn, this morning, I read someone else's post about pushing through tiredness while exercising, and it motivated me to exercise farther and faster.

What we have here is a group of fellow travelers who are inspiring and motivating each other to do what we were previously not able to do by ourselves.

I think that's pretty special.

This!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yup! Having people that can take your hand and lift you up when you are on your knees is not something you can find on fb or at work. It is a very bond/ fellowship we have here.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've had a tough 18 months since starting on MFP & I think I'd be a wreck if my pals hadn't been around to support me, advise me and just keep me company in the small hours when I couldn't sleep.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this place.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Amazing friends like you make the journey so much easier and much more fun! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This site is giving me everyday motivation that I need to keep this new type of healthy lifestyle alive. Love it!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YAY! That was me- and instead of eating an egg mcmuffin, hashbrown, and 20 oz coke (like I normally would while driving- 700 cals), I ate a banana and an apple (200 cals)... and was full until lunch. Again, sir... I say thank you for inspiring me to make this conscious decision!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    YAY! That was me- and instead of eating an egg mcmuffin, hashbrown, and 20 oz coke (like I normally would while driving- 700 cals), I ate a banana and an apple (200 cals)... and was full until lunch. Again, sir... I say thank you for inspiring me to make this conscious decision!

I couldn't possibly be any happier for you. Or more proud to have helped to make a difference!