Missed periods (sorry guys)

Options
Ok... I have always had a ROUGH TOM, that is until I started working out... I've been working out since March and always like clockwork had a TOM.... EXCEPT for now.... I am so close to my goal weight and I don't wanna change anything but I'm a little worried about that...

I don't think I am pregnant because I've been married 10 years and we TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED and it just never happened.. I figured that something was broken lol... but yeah.. I have taken 4 tests and all negative..I am now 2 weeks past my start day and just a little worried...

Has this ever happened to anyone else, and should I be tripping out or am I over reacting like usual?

Sorry about the TMI!!! Just don't know what to do minus going to the doctor and I just don't have that kind of money!!!!

Replies

• msampred2
    Options
    Have you been overly stressed lately? Sometimes stress in and of itself can cause hormonal problems...there are other medical conditions other than pregnancy that can caused missed menses too so it may be worth getting into see your doctor if you don't start soon.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi!

No matter what anyone says here, just go see a doctor. All of our bodies are different. My Periods have lighted up a lot an only last for 3 days now, but like I said, it's best you make a doctors appointment.

Good luck! :)
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always had a messed up cycle. I would still suggest considering checking on the pregnancy though. I was actually told when my son was 4 that I would never have another child because my cycle is so messed up but Easter of 2010 found out that doc was wrong. I now have a 15 year old boy and my daughter will be 2 in November. With both of them I had lost about 10-15 pounds when it happended.
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry just noticed that you had allready tested.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have been less regular since starting on MFP. My best friend has as well.
  • charkane
    charkane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The joys of being a woman!! Maybe you are starting to go thru menopause????? Mine has changed too more frequent~~ joy joy!!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I missed 2 months over the summer then had a KILLER cycle when it did finally come! I am calling mine the start of menopause, but have a Dr appt scheduled to make sure. Never thought about it being the increased exercising & vastly different diet. Hmmm....I'd rather it be menopause!! :laugh:
  • El_Ivers
    El_Ivers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Since you started working out, have you been doing vigorous exercise often? Back about 5 years ago I lost 60lbs. After losing about 20lbs my TOM stopped for a good 6-8 months until my weight loss leveled off. I went to the dr and he said that it is quite common in women who work out a lot and are losing weight. He told me to come back if it did not return within 6 months. I would check with your dr, but it could just be a result of your lifestyle change.
  • givenshl
    Options
    In cases like these sometimes webmd.com can help. Click or copy and paste this and see if this can help you out. Good luck.

http://women.webmd.com/tc/missed-or-irregular-periods-topic-overview
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've heard that as you lose weight, the hormones locked up in the fat cells are released - excess oestrogen swilling about the system might cause some disruption.

I'm about to go back down through weight I was when I was going through IVF - that could be interesting.... :/
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    No menopause... I'm only 28... I'm leaning more toward the change in diet and all that jazz... I googled it lol.. I google everything... Doesn't really seem too much to worry about, at least that is what it is looking like...

I'm not gonna let myself get too worried though.... I workout 6 days a week and its semi-vigorus to vigorus... But I did loose like 40-45 pounds in the 6-7 months... I've never been 137 pounds EVER lol...

If I don't get it by December 1st... (two and a half months) I will go to the doctor and get checked out.....

Thanks you guys though... I really appreciate the advice and help !!! :)
  • saville1992
    Options
    Ok... I have always had a ROUGH TOM, that is until I started working out... I've been working out since March and always like clockwork had a TOM.... EXCEPT for now.... I am so close to my goal weight and I don't wanna change anything but I'm a little worried about that...

I don't think I am pregnant because I've been married 10 years and we TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED and it just never happened.. I figured that something was broken lol... but yeah.. I have taken 4 tests and all negative..I am now 2 weeks past my start day and just a little worried...

Has this ever happened to anyone else, and should I be tripping out or am I over reacting like usual?

Sorry about the TMI!!! Just don't know what to do minus going to the doctor and I just don't have that kind of money!!!!

i started working out and dieting and i pissed my period by 3 weeks!! i was in the same boat as you done 4 tests just to make sure but i did come on my period in the end xx
  • ssmlnmcjm
    Options
    I always had irregular periods and was told that i couldn't have children. But when i lost some weight i got pregnant and didn't even know i was until I was 23 and half weeks. I was really use to not having my TOM, so I thought that was normal for me. MY husband and I tried to have a child for 9 and half years and it never did happen til I lost the weight. So you really should look into pregnancy thing. You dont want to go without prenatal care if you can help it. I just wish I would of known sooner.
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Geez, yeah I have always had issues with the same thing. There were times I would go like 2 months without having one. I was on the pill and it seems to have regulated it and haven't had too much issue with even now not being on the pill anymore. But if you want a lil piece of mind make the doctors appointment. Can't hurt anything to do that.
  • ssmlnmcjm
    Options
    It might have to do with your diet and exercise. I have always irregular when it comes to TOM, but since I started dieting and exercising for the past month and half i have had my period going on 6 weeks. But prior havent had one for 4 months. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, so its possible you could be opposite.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    For me if I go below a certain weight - about 130 @5'6 mine stop. Likely the combination of diet, weight loss and working out have thrown off your natural functions. You may want to give it a few more months and see if you even out or just go get checked if you are worried.
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    I would say still get checked by ur gyne. even tho u may not have been able to get pregnant before, doesn't mean u can't now. sometimes heavier women have a harder time getting pregnant.... now that ur a healthy weight ur body is doing what a females body is "supposed" to do!
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It could just be how your body is reacting to the change in your diet along with more exercise. But like others have said, I wouldn't rule out the pregnancy part yet. If you haven't already, go to your doctor and get a blood test, I've heard that store bought tests sometimes are not always accurate, and that blood tests are pretty accurate.

But if it's just the change in your body, I wish I didn't have TOM's at all. LOL. But good luck!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry just noticed that you had allready tested.

My daughter (24) had missed her period and at 2 weeks late 2 home pregnancy tests came out neg. She went to the Gyno and had blood pregnancy test and a vaginal ultrsound- neg no pregnancy. She was prescribed hormonal tabs to take for 5 days to bring on her period. Still no period, just sensitive breasts. After another week went to another doc. another ultrasound- she was almost 2 months pregnant!
    Google, it isn't that uncommon.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

I would see your doctor or at least call and see what they think/