BOO to Monopoly at McDonald's!

Options
It always happens: McDonald's starts advertising the Monopoly game and I hit the drive through like a sucker.

There's something about peeling off those little game pieces...I could win a car, but always end up with fatty fries and sugary smoothies.

This time around, I am saying NO to Ronald and Rich Uncle Pennybags! Who's with me?

Replies

• Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I haven't had MDonald's in 9 months. The last time I was there was to get a plain grilled chicken sandwich. All I've ever won from monopoly was food. Ronald was making me fat!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Omg I have not had McDonald's in years! Good for you on resisting that stupid game =)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat mcdonalds anymore, and when I do, its never anything with the monopoly stuff on it. Isn't it like big macs and large drinks, fries and breakfast stuff? I just get a regular hamburger anymore.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would've never guessed that a game would entice people to eat McDonalds.
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    I used to be the same way - any excuse to get more of those stupid game pieces. Super-size it? Sure - I get two more game pieces!

Now, for some reason, while still drawn to the game aspect of it, the idea of eating McDonald's food just isn't appealing to me at all. I'll still eat a fry or three when someone else has them but if I'm in a position where I *have* to eat McD's I'm miserable and hoping beyond hope that I remembered to put a meal bar in the glove box.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    BOO to McDonald's. Period.
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    why are people so into that game? I've never understood that.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I can understand the draw of the Monopoly game. I used to go there for breakfasts and get a bunch of hash browns because they were the cheapest thing you could buy with gamepieces on them. I think I will be sitting the game out this year. I have always wondered though...has anyone EVER heard of anyone winning anything from the Monopoly game other than the food? I haven't. You would think if someone won the million dollars or a car or something that you would see it on the news somewhere...
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    my issue with the game is that on the food i order there, there isnt any game pieces. On a salad? forget it? On a small fry? nope. for a place to say they want to offer healthier choices, they are forcing people to buy the largest sized things to even participate. I have issue with that. I have to buy a coke i wont drink to play?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Buy the food to play the game, but don't eat the food. :P

That would be an awesome way to waste money! lol
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I used to love the Monopoly game- idk why either. I'm with you with staying away this year!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

Who needs freedom anyway right?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    How is it that Rainforest Cafe has reasonable prices? Are we going to the same place?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Did you know Mcdonalds already chooses in which state the winner will be in? At least that's what one of my franchise owners told me when I worked there as a kid. I'll eat it every once in a while still. Nothing beats the taste of those pink paste based "nuggets."
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    How is it that Rainforest Cafe has reasonable prices? Are we going to the same place?

Rainforest Cafe is very expensive!!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options

Rainforest cafe is SO expensive. And not that good.
  • jvdx
    jvdx Posts: 57
    Options
    you can eat mcdonalds everyday, if you'd like to. totally serious.
    kinda loses its magic then though.

If it fits your macros...
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    What I wouldn't give for McDonald's chips and chocolate milkshake now. :grumble:
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Didn't they get sued at one point? I always thought (to the extent that a board game played via fast food giant makes any sense to begin with) that it had some logistical flaws.

It says (or used to) "no purchase necessary." But pieces are only on certain items, and more on others, according to this thread. I believe you can walk up and ask for game pieces (probably as a CYA move by McDonalds in case anyone decides to sue for being persuaded to eat more, or for omitting a piece, or something) -- but then why the obvious tie-in to buying lots of food?

And there is probably only ONE Boardwalk (or whatever) piece that gets printed, for all the participating stores. What are the odds that anyone gets it? Or that someone like me (or an elderly person) gets it and throws it away, because they don't really follow the contest? Has anyone ever actually WON the car or the yacht or the private jet or whatever crap they allegedly give away? I've never known anyone who won anything besides more fries.