Meal Planning tips! ?

Options
I am trying to come up with a grocery list so if you guys have any advice on some quick healthy meals that'd be awesome! Especially meals for like work lunch that I can pre make ahead of time.. Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I always find staple foods that I can go to for meals and are easy to make like:

-Turkey sandwiches/wraps
    -Hummus & crackers
    -Cottage cheese (LOVE IT) I especially love it on baked potatos
    -Frozen veggies (the steamers)
    -I am not a vegetarian but I love morning star farms (fake) chicken patties
    -Chobani/any greek yogurt (high in protein and no artificial flavoring)

Hope this helps!!!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Look at peoples food diary for ideas.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill? Grilled chicken or steak and veggies is my go-to.

I steam and roast a lot of veggies.

You can make baked chicken using a couple egg whites and a mixture of bread crumbs and light grated parm cheese.

Chicken or beef stir fry with red and green peppers, onion, garlic, fresh ginger, and light teriyake over brown rice is another fave.

Right now I'm really into butternut squash, and will have a big bowl of it for lunch/dinner! I just put cinnamon and a little I can't believe it's not butter light.

I also keep lots of tuna, canned chicken (for a quick chicken salad sandwich), beans, and light soups in the pantry.
  • tonirene1980
    Options
    Sometimes I think about the yummy things my coworkers buy for lunch and just decide to make my own healthy versions. So instead of a cheeseburger, I will have a turkey burger on a 100 calorie bun. Just buy a box of frozen burgers and put one in the toaster oven when you get home from work, slice some tomato and pickle, pre-pack for the next day and it's like you had fast food for lunch! I also like to thow together fajitas (using the pre-cooked chicken or steak strips in the meat section) with some veggies that I chop. Also the Fresh Express salad kits are super quick. I just monitor who has what on sale (like Publix BOGO or ALDI). Good luck!!
  • savannahjo92
    Options
    Aw! Thanks! These are great! :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Pick a few meals that you like and set up a rotation. Prepare them in advance if possible.

I have eggs with salsa every morning without fail. For lunch I've usually made a big pot of chili or maybe lentils with veggies and divided them up into portions to be frozen. For dinner I'll have fish or some other meat with vegetables.

You can vary the tastes with spices pretty easily so it doesn't get too boring. I find that a little bit of planning and preparation helps me stay on track. Whenever I look back at times I fell off diet it was always when I ran out of eggs or pre-portioned meals
  • nik55a
    nik55a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you make the butternut squash?