Last 10lbs Group?

Options
2»

Replies

• ellipse22
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. My name is Tara and I have 10 more before I hit my goal. I do expect this 10 to be the hardest. Recently I've stared paying close attention to my macro-nutrients (carb, protein, fat, fiber, sodium). I weigh myself everyday to see how foods effect my body... I track my weight daily.

Hi Tara & Welcome!!!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I was thinking about challenges and thought that since the group is just forming and we are getting to know one another that we could start a challenge for March 1st.

Perhaps over the next 2 weeks we could post some "Getting To Know You"'s first!

I started out with name & weigh in days...feel free to post away!
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    I'm pushing for 15, but 10 will get me closer! Believe me, it has been so hard. I've been plateaued for over a year. Just need the extra push to get it done! :flowerforyou:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ellipse22 - to support the "getting to know" everyone phase of our new group - I thought it might be interesting to post your personal weight lose story. I'll start...

I've gained and lost 40 lbs twice. However, the last time I lost the 40 miserable lbs, I kept it off for about 3 years. Then I met the man of my dreams, got married, we accepted jobs in the UK, moved to the UK - most of which occurred over a short 10 months. After our wedding and when we moved to a new country, I struggled to find my grove with eating and I made some bad choices. Those choices lead to weighing 16 lbs heavier than when I got married. I caught myself in time before that entire 40 lbs packed back on. I am happy to say that I am now back down to my pre-wedding weight!! At this point, I am going after my ultimate goal of another 10 lbs (Goal Weight: 115 lbs). I've ALWAYS wanted to get to 115, which is smack dab in the middle of the weight chart for someone my height (5'1").

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! What's your story?
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Mandy. After our son was born (our oldest), I joined the Wellness Center where I worked and lost weight and got into great shape (Body Pump and Body Step classes were great!!). When our second baby was born, she was in Arkansas Children's Hospital for 3 months clinging to life, so getting the pregnancy weight off was not a priority. We ate in the hospital cafeteria and ate out a lot in those 3 months, so pretty much none of that weight came off. Then we came home with a special needs child, and I quit my job to stay at home with her. More bad food choices, stress, etc. did not do anything for the weight loss. I wasn't even trying. Then, SURPRISE, when our little girl was 9 months old, I found out I was pregnant again. Our youngest little girl was born in December 2008. I went back to work full time. It wasn't until the end of September of this last year that I just woke up one day and decided I was NOT going to be fat anymore. That was the start of my journey. I found this website completely by accident one day and immediately started making better choices as far as nutrition. Actually logging in what I ate really opened my eyes to what I was doing to myself:noway: . As I started reading other people's stories, I was inspired to begin exercising again. Now I LOVE to exercise. It's great stress relief in my world of 3 kids, a full time job, and a husband that travels a lot. I've lost 33 pounds so far and have just a little over a pound to get to my original goal. When that goal started seeming attainable, I actually added 5 more pounds, so I'm 6.5 pounds from that goal weight. This has truly been life changing for me! Well, there's my incredibly long, wordy weight loss story. Maybe someone will take the time to read it. Hope I didn't bore you to death:yawn: .
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    FYI... Just realized a new thread has been started...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81934-last-10lbs-group-gtky
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. I lost 14lb last summer and have managed to keep it off. Since then I have been struggling to lose another 7 - 10lb. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 or 3lbs - help! :glasses:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    See the post above - we moved! Join us there!