What's your NSV today???

Options
I wobbled and had a really bad few days and gained about 4lbs. So, first part of the NSV is that I didn't let it bring me down, my friend on MFP helped get me back on track and I have lost those pounds again.

However.... the second part of this NSV is that, even though I have got back to the same number on the scale, my measurements are down MORE which shows that all my walking (while pushing a double stroller and carrying another baby in a back pack) is working at toning up the rear end!!!

LOVE hearing all the success stories here but I find the NSV's are the best!

Replies

• meer__kat
    meer__kat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice job on getting over that hump!

I've been pulling out old fall/winter clothes as it gets colder -- and my pants/sweaters are all noticeably looser than they were when I packed them up... So I tried on a super old pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit into since college practically, and they slid right up! :D
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    nsv for me was when i was trying on a dress for an upcoming party ( dont do dresses in public) and my 11 going on 18 year old daughter walked in and said "whoo mom that looks really nice,you look thinner, you better wear than on saturday instead of your tatty jeans!" kids they like to tell it straight , lol
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Getting out of the car at home from the gym today, the FedEx guys slowed down and checked me out. That hasn't happened in YEARS! Major ego boost. Yeah baby.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    what is nsv? What does that stand for? I'm pretty new here and dont understand.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    what is nsv? What does that stand for? I'm pretty new here and dont understand.

Non-scale victory!

Like, I had to pull out some old jeans becuase my "new ones" were too big!!!
    And I got honked at twice yesterday in the parking lot at my office - been years since that happened!
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    nsv is a non scale victory....

My nsv today was being able to put my socks on just by bending over....I didn't have to sit sideways on the couch and pull my foot up. Big nsv! haven't been able to reach my feet in ages.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I'm currently sitting (comfortably) in a pair of jeans that I could barely button in July.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The dress I'm wearing today was, frankly, too damn small a while ago. I wore it anyway, but it was *ahme* snug. Today though I have to keep checking the zip as the dress is loose enough to keep making me paranoid that the zip is open.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i realized last night i can walk around with a normal towl around my waist and not have to hold it
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Feeling very comfortable in my brown cordory pants that have been hanging in my closet for over a year!
  • Jane61849
    Jane61849 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been losing so sloooooowwwwwly, but my pants have been getting looser. This morning, I thought I would try some old pants that had grown too snug, and are a size smaller, AND THEY FIT!!

13 pounds does make a difference. :laugh:
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new pair of jeans today because the new pair I bought just 2 weeks ago is too big. Down 9" in the waist measurement since I started.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Last week while on vacation we played 2 rounds of putt-putt. I was able to bend over and retrieve my ball out of the hole every time. A year ago when we played I could not do that.

A couple of days ago I looked in the mirror and saw a different face looking back at me.
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've started pulling clothes from the back of the closet that haven't seen the light of day since I got pregnant over three years ago. I'm a little diappointed that I haven't needed to buy new jeans yet but I'm on the smallest notch on all my belts.
  • chez_b
    chez_b Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nsv is a non scale victory....

My nsv today was being able to put my socks on just by bending over....I didn't have to sit sideways on the couch and pull my foot up. Big nsv! haven't been able to reach my feet in ages.

Way to go - inspiring!
  • jconnolly528
    Options
    Tried on a size 8 skinny jeans last night and they fit great! I am currently still wearing size 10s because that's what I have, but they're all getting a little big on me so I thought i'd try for the hell of it. I was sooo happy they fit!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    doing measurements for oct and realizing my hips (35") are only 1 inch bigger than my waist used to be a year ago.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Avoided home-made cookies in the kitchen at the office!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    My NSV today was having to go through 3 pairs of pants before I found a pair that fit. The previous ones were too big. :)

I also realized this morning that I don't even think about taking the elevator in my building anymore. I automatically take the steps. Down and Up.

Woot!

Who's better than all of us today???

NO ONE!!! That's who! :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I was able to shove my calves into knee high boots, and they fit. I rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!