Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If anyone gets Boardwalk, email me.
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Macky D's, is that if you are out and desperate for the bathroom/toilet you can always pop in quickly and be on your merry way again in no time. :-)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    It always happens: McDonald's starts advertising the Monopoly game and I hit the drive through like a sucker.

There's something about peeling off those little game pieces...I could win a car, but always end up with fatty fries and sugary smoothies.

This time around, I am saying NO to Ronald and Rich Uncle Pennybags! Who's with me?

- Eat a healthy meal you prepared yourself.
    - Use the savings to buy a lottery ticket.

End result:
    - You are healthier.
    - You have not supported McDonald's.
    - You have lost an infinitesimally small chance of winning a car, and gained a statistically equivalent chance of winning enough money to buy your own island.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

I don't mean to argue with "you" - but since you reminded me...

I don't get the Rainforest Cafe. I mean, I love it as much as the next person - animals, yay!! But I can't help but be smacked with the irony of an environmental-themed restaurant with as much over-the-top stuff as that. Nothing says "environmentalism" like a gigantic plastic tree and an electric waterfall. Oh, and animated alligators. :)

It's super fun for kids though! My grandma took me there when I was little and I adored it! The sound effects and giant fish tanks were my favourite!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you can play without buying food

http://www.playatmcd.com/Rules
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Can't help it. I :heart: me some McD's. I've lost 54 pounds eating there 5 days a week for breakfast. Fruit & maple oatmeal and a Sugar Free Vanilla Iced coffee. 410 calories and 4 Monopoly game pieces. :happy:

Lol! Thats what I get!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Haha, it's funny, people I know that don't even really like or eat McDonald's were saying, "God, the Monopoly game always makes me want to go."

It could be our generation (since I'm younger), but I remember being a kid and collecting the pieces. And I still stand by, if you're going to do fast food, it might as well be McDonalds since you can skirt out of there under 500 calories with a satiation for a McDonald's craving.

As for the Rainforest Cafe comment, I can only assume that's a troll. The calorie content is atrocious on almost every item and the expense is ridiculous. Maybe we should just ban chain restaurants who generally reheat/refry/rebake things that were frozen... just like fast food, huh? ;)
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If anyone gets Boardwalk, email me.

I need that one too! Ill split the winnings! 50/50 :bigsmile:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the new McD's Monopoly advert.
    Not an overweight person in sight.
    Truth in advertising right?
    BOO indeed.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Say No to McD's? I say NO to You! Nobody gets between me and my McDonalds. Ate there yesterday, eating there today. It's already logged. Probably eating there tomorrow too.

But thanks for the head up. I haven't peeled a single sticker of my gigantic plastic drink cups. I could have missed out on free fries and apple pies! I'll be sure to look today
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No Purchase Necessary - playatmcd.com :tongue:
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I could care less about Monopoly (I actually HATE the real board game!) But I :heart: Mcdonalds and go there at least once a week :) Yummm.......
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

We are talking about the same Rainforest Cafe, right? The horribly overpriced chain with the screaming plastic animals and simulated rainstorms and the typical children's menu of reconstituted chicken nuggets, hot dogs, or an American cheese sandwich on white bread? The one with the "Made in China" gift shop on the way out with the obligatory grab items that kids scream for next to the register?

Yeah, we should totally ban McDonald's in favor of that. Because that's just what I want - a meal that is just as unhealthy with even fewer healthy choices for 5 times the price, plus the constant battle over buying toys while waiting to pay my bill. That's exactly how I want to eat healthier. </sarcasm>
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ... or remember when they had the mini-beanie babies in the happy meals? I went there DAILY to try and get a specifi one for my nieces and nehpews... that was "pre-kids" when I could eat what I want with no regard for what I'd look like in 5 years!

LOL -- what reels us in! I haven't had McDonalds in a long time....thank heavens!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
    Have you ever been in one? Or anywhere in public for that matter?
    It irks me that they fill the ads with healthy looking people.
    I guess my point wasn't clear, or you just want to argue...
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How is it that Rainforest Cafe has reasonable prices? Are we going to the same place?
    My thoughts exactly...and I never noticed that the food was supremely healthy...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It always happens: McDonald's starts advertising the Monopoly game and I hit the drive through like a sucker.

There's something about peeling off those little game pieces...I could win a car, but always end up with fatty fries and sugary smoothies.

This time around, I am saying NO to Ronald and Rich Uncle Pennybags! Who's with me?

Go through anyway and mail me your sugary smoothie tickets.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I like Mc Ds, they have the calorie counts now on most of their food, and sometimes I will go through the drive through. I also like their fries. They also have healthy choices. And good prices.

I'm looking at the McDonalds nutrition pdf right now. Except for some plain lettuce with no dressing, where are the healthy choices? I'm not seeing them. Even the oatmeal has 19 grams of sugar.
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No Purchase Necessary - playatmcd.com :tongue:

Yeah, see! That's what confuses me. Thanks for posting.

If there's no purchase necessary - why do only some items have the game pieces, and why do they ration them out by what you order? I mean, I know the "marketing" reason why, but it doesn't make sense.

If I didn't have a bunch of other things to do (like if I was my 16 year old self), I would just spend an hour a day going through the line, asking for pieces, and going back through...