Canned pumpkin...where to search?

Options
Hi All,

I am playing with this site to try to search for pumpkin ideas, but have failed. Can anyone post their favorite recipe, or direct me on this site where I can search recipies?

Thanks...teri

Replies

• darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You might be better off just googling for pumpkin recipes.

One super easy recipe is to get a box of spice cake mix and then mix it with one 15oz can of canned pumpkin. Bake to the directions on the cake box.

You get some super filling and decently healthy muffins out of the deal! Plus, they taste pretty good too!
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try a visit to Sparkpeople ... Spark Recipes are easy to search for key words. I find Skinny Taste is also a good site for calorie conscious recipes. Great nutritional info, too.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are looking for but here is a healthy site:

http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2010/09/top-5-pumpkin-recipes.html

I usually just plug in what I want to search on Google for recipes and then review them until I have what I want.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1137

http://www.fatgirlwearingthin.com/2010/12/23/applesauce-pumpkin-bread/

Good Luck!!
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Search the message boards for "pumpkin". I've seen loads of posts in the past couple weeks.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    Well a MFpal of mine told me this idea... which I adore now!!!

1 can pure pumpkin (small or regular size can)
    1 package fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding mix (or french vanilla or cheesecake)
    1/2 container of lite cool whip (8oz size)

Mix all together... do not make pudding just mix powder in with pumpkin and cool whip... seperate into 6 single serve containers for about 80-90 calorie snack.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

18 ounces spice cake mix
    15 ounces pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

Directions:

1. Simply mix the pumpkin and the spice cake mix together with electric mixer until well combined. (At this point you may also want to throw in some nuts, cranberries, or raisins, if you like.).

2. Spoon into paper lined small muffin/cupcake tins, 2/3 full. (The batter is very thick and doesn't "settle", so you may wish to smooth the tops if you care what the finished product looks like!).

3. Bake at 350* 18-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

These are the bomb just saying...and cheap and easy!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been eating this for breakfast for over a week now and it's delish!! I plugged the ingredients in to the recipe calculator on here and it's 267 calories for a serving (i cut it into 6 servings), i used skim milk and i think that saved quite a few calories. Enjoy :bigsmile:
    http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/09/baked-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal-277-recipe.html
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I've been making healthy pumpkin recipes on thegraciouspantry.com. And I made pumpkin pancakes the other day on allrecipes.com. I made them healthier by using whole wheat and evoo instead of veg oil. They were AMAZING!!!!!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Try a visit to Sparkpeople ... Spark Recipes are easy to search for key words. I find Skinny Taste is also a good site for calorie conscious recipes. Great nutritional info, too.

Skinny Taste is my favorite!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just take it right out of the can, add some almond milk, some pie spices and top with fat free whip cream! It's easy and yummy!
  • smoon1979
    smoon1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I could point you to the most amazing dessert ever made with canned pumpkin but it is NOT very healthy......pumpkin roll....I typically make about 6 of them and freeze them to take out when I have people over or for hostess gifts. People BEG me for them in the fall/winter. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-roll-ii/ I don't add walnuts to mine.

OH! Just made this last week http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pumpkin-Shrimp-Curry-368281 it was very good although I personally thought a tad bland, I'd add a tad more curry next time, but it's to each person's taste. Much healthier.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1 - spice cake mix
    1- can of pumpkin
    1/2 c. water
    1/2 c. ground flax seed (optional)

mixed and bake per instruction on the cake mix....I make muffins
    depending on my mood and amount of calories I want in the muffins some times I sprinkle granulated splenda, rolled oats ,a pinch of brown sugar , some crushed nuts and /or granola . Experiment !! For less than a 100 calories....wooot woot
  • mrlucas2
    mrlucas2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These are super yummy and you cannot taste the punpkin..

1 box brownie mix (family size or says makes 1 13x9 pan)
    1 15 oz Can Libby's pure pumpkin (not the pie filling, just the straight up pumpkin)
    1/4c water
    4 oz dark chocolate chips (optional)

Combine brownie mix, Water & canned pumpkin in large bowl until brownie mix is moistened & you can not see any orange from the pumpkin. Spread into a 13x9 cake pan & bake according to directions on brownie mix box. I like my brownies a little under-done so I pulled them a few minutes before the time on the box

Aslo try Hungry girl.com she has A TONE of recipes
  • tinkteri
    Options
    Duhhh..I never even saw the search icon....:-)

The recipies sound great and thank you for the suggestions. I may try the muffin and brownie ones on my super picky 9 & 11yo girls.

I have 4 cans of pumpkin and now lots of ideas...thanks
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well a MFpal of mine told me this idea... which I adore now!!!

1 can pure pumpkin (small or regular size can)
    1 package fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding mix (or french vanilla or cheesecake)
    1/2 container of lite cool whip (8oz size)

Mix all together... do not make pudding just mix powder in with pumpkin and cool whip... seperate into 6 single serve containers for about 80-90 calorie snack.

This sounds so yummy!!! I've not seen this... Thanks!!!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy...bump
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    2 ingredient pumpkin brownies

1- 15 oz can of pumpkin, preferably Libby's
    1- Family sized Pillsbury brownie mix.

Preheat to 350, mix ingredients to thick batter, grease 9x9 pan, pour in batter-spreading to the corners, and bake for 25-30 minutes!!

I made these for the first time last night and oh my goodness, they were so moist and yummy!

NOTE* you can also add some pumpkin pie spice for a stronger pumpkin flavor.

I made 18 brownies and they were each 130 calories.(i used the perfect brownie pan, instead of the 9x9)
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!