Customizing Normal Daily Activities!! Please Help!!! :)

Options
I do not know whether to choose sedentary, lightly active, active, or very active. I would not consider myself sedentary cause I travel 1.5 hours to/from work where 10-15 minutes in commuting I power walk. I spend most of the day sitting at work and get up occasionally. However, I work out intensely for an hour lifting weights or performing cardio. So what category do I fall under?

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    It sounds like you are sendentary. That question does not take into account your exercise. Exercise is only factored in once you log it.
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Honestly it sounds like Sedentary (sp). i had a bank teller job and it was sedentary even though I was on my feet all day. Basically it means how fast ur heart pumps to what you do (waitressing I move alot more not just stand there or move back and forth from drive thru to teller window.) Just log ur power walks and stuff as exercise. Especially since power walking is! :smile:
  • sweetyjessy1
    sweetyjessy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Very helpful! I think I been overeating :) Thats probably why I am not losing and plateau for awhile!!!