cookbooks

Options
shamm08
shamm08 Posts: 109
Anyone got a great cook book you like that has healthy recipes in it? I recently went to buy a cookbook that would have some healthy recipes in it and was overwhelmed by all the ones out there. The few I did look through I only found one or two recipes that I would probably use, if I'm going to spend the money I want one with recipes I'll use. I could really use some suggestion.

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    The one I have been using is Taste of Home Guilt-Free Cooking. I love it!
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    Biggest Loser eco friendly (The green one) is amazing!!! I love it!!!!! they have it at walmart and also on-line
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    The South Beach Quick and Easy Cookbook... I LOVE it!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light Dinner Tonight is fantastic. It shows the nutritional analysis and picture for each recipe.
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The Cooking For The Rushed series is really good, plus it breaks down all of your calories and stuff for you for every meal. Check out their website at http://www.cookingfortherushed.com/.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Biggest Loser eco friendly (The green one) is amazing!!! I love it!!!!! they have it at walmart and also on-line

I got the biggest looser family cook book (also green) and swear by it!!
  • KLSimpson
    Options
    Someone mentioned a Cooking Light cookbook, which reminded me that their website has a TON of great recipes. The search engine is easy to use, and you can print the recipes in different formats (full page, 3x5 card, etc.)

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder/main

If you click Enhanced Recipe Search you can specify which ingredients you'd like, or whether you're looking for a main course, side dish, etc. I've made lots of their recipes and they're always good!
  • bigbadmanda
    Options
    Biggest Loser Family Cookbook! I LOVE IT! I use it everyday and it has recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks! Easy and delicious!
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also love the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook....and Hungry Girl 200 under 200
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    I really like the cookbooks by Tosca Reno. A great magazine, too, is Clean Eating Magazine, my husband and I love making meals from it! :)
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time with cookbooks, most of them require ingredients that I can not afford, I would love to find a cookbook of things that I would normally have in my cupboards and not have to go searching for. I have many cookbooks here and never use a single one except my old betty crocker one I got when i was married. and even that I mainly only use for baked items.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love love love my hungry girl cookbook .... everything is under 200 calories
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like the Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Casseroles. I have loved almost everything I've tried. The best part is that it lists the nutrition facts per serving so I can easily put it in my food totals.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Eat Shrink and Be Merry has awesome easy recipies. I love it!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Saving to my topics for future reference
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the "Better Homes Eat Well to Lose Weight." It's great, they don't endorse using artificial sweeteners like many of the weight loss books. It's just healthy food cooked in various ways with seasoning for great taste. Plus they have a lot of pictures and I like to see what things look like.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pam903
    Options
    Also saving to my topics for future ref. Thanks!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I really like the Eating For Life by Bill Phillips cookbook.

I also use sparkrecipes.com a lot.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump!