BOO to Monopoly at McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Macky D's, is that if you are out and desperate for the bathroom/toilet you can always pop in quickly and be on your merry way again in no time. :-)

Right?! It's the one guaranteed place we can stop on road trips for my husband. :laugh: I, however, have little shame.

Edited to clarify that I don't just use fast food restrooms without buying something, I use other bathrooms too. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you
    How is it that Rainforest Cafe has reasonable prices? Are we going to the same place?
    My thoughts exactly...and I never noticed that the food was supremely healthy...

Maybe they're thinking about eating in an actual rainforest and added "cafe" accidentally. Otherwise I don't understand how it could be reasonably priced or healthy.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I like Mc Ds, they have the calorie counts now on most of their food, and sometimes I will go through the drive through. I also like their fries. They also have healthy choices. And good prices.

I'm looking at the McDonalds nutrition pdf right now. Except for some plain lettuce with no dressing, where are the healthy choices? I'm not seeing them. Even the oatmeal has 19 grams of sugar.

Sugar is bad?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    When my mother takes me out we always go to McDonalds. It's the only drive through in town that has gluten free items. ANYWAY. I only ever order a diet soft drink and then eat her fries. :P

This past week we rolled up and came away with no monopoly pieces! DESPITE HAVING BOUGHT THE PROPER ITEMS TO EARN A MONOPOLY PIECE. Oh we were burned. Boy were we burned.

Stupid McDonalds!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Forget Monopoly...bring on the McRib!!!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    On top of that I noticed you have to order the super size to get the game pieces...what happened to putting it on the regular sizes? Has anyone even heard of anyone winning the game?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the new McD's Monopoly advert.
    Not an overweight person in sight.
    Truth in advertising right?
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
    Have you ever been in one? Or anywhere in public for that matter?
    It irks me that they fill the ads with healthy looking people.
    I guess my point wasn't clear, or you just want to argue...

Honestly if people ate it in moderation they could feasibly be perfectly healthy. It's just when McDonald's is your go to food everyday that it's going to be a huge problem.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

Who needs freedom anyway right?

LOL I was gonna say that!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I loved to play Monopoly so when I see those commercials I get all excited. Then I remember I have sworn off McD's. So sad :(
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    why are people so into that game? I've never understood that.

Me neither.

It's like Roll Up the Rim at Tim Hortons in Canada. People go NUTSO for that game!!!! You should see the line ups. It's ridiculous!!

To be fair though, Timmies is a million times better than McCraponalds
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When I saw the advertising for Monopoly it actually ruined my day. I've always loved McDonalds and when Monopoly comes out I go 3 times as often. I go occasionally still and get a cheeseburger but McDonalds is my worst craving. I always want to go and get the big extra with cheese, large fries with McChicken sauce and a large iced tea. That would be all my calories for the day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the new McD's Monopoly advert.
    Not an overweight person in sight.
    Truth in advertising right?
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
    Have you ever been in one? Or anywhere in public for that matter?
    It irks me that they fill the ads with healthy looking people.
    I guess my point wasn't clear, or you just want to argue...

I don't know about him, but I certainly don't get your point. I eat at McDonalds 5 days per week and have done that consistently while on my way to losing 50 pounds. I live in West LA where the McDonalds are filled with skinny people letting their kids play in the air conditioned play area. People make their own choices; McDonalds alone does not make them fat.

Is there some list of eateries that you frequent where you don't see any fat people? Besides for vegan places. vegan places don't count. I'm only talking about places that serve, you know, actual food.
  • Jenada79
    Jenada79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like Mc Ds, they have the calorie counts now on most of their food, and sometimes I will go through the drive through. I also like their fries. They also have healthy choices. And good prices.

I'm looking at the McDonalds nutrition pdf right now. Except for some plain lettuce with no dressing, where are the healthy choices? I'm not seeing them. Even the oatmeal has 19 grams of sugar.

If ya want McDonalds and you can fit it in your dailys now and again why not! I do not even attempt to find a healthy option because going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I actually used to live a couple blocks from a McDonalds that had the McRib year round! It was a bad neighborhood... lol
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28 pounds so far in 3 months, and have not removed McD's from my diet. I am mostly a calorie watcher and cardiholic. A 550 calorie Big Mac is not the end of the world. I find that by letting myself have the foods I want within my daily calorie goal I have been able to lose weight in a way that I beleive I will be able to continue. I have tried food restrictive diets and eventually I end up gaining the weight back once I get tired of not having the restricted foods.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, the monopoly game is easy to draw in and easier to getcha. However, don't mean I don't mind dropping in for a good burger on a cheat day, or hell, their ceasar chicken salads are pretty good too, couple that with a classic grilled chicken sandwhich and I'm in business.

McDs is always gonna play those hard to get games to get folks to come in and buy their food. That's just good business for them, can't blame them for ... ya know, trying to make money? Secondly, yes, McDs is just a place of fast, greasy, gutbomb foods, they made a business on it, and seriously, its not gonna kill ya.

So pass the ketchup and the fries, would ya? I want my crazy fast food now and then. Nothing wrong with that.

As for the game, I gave up on it long ago, but winning a fruit smoothie from them might convince me to step in once every two weeks or so.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I believe it has to do with triggering the reward centres of the brain, similar to those triggered when gambling.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    speaking of monoply i have 4 peices right now lol..... :noway: booooo to me i gave in but it was delicious whileit lasted
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

No, not sugar!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Because we all know sugar means instantaneous death.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I actually used to live a couple blocks from a McDonalds that had the McRib year round! It was a bad neighborhood... lol

It is a dangerous sandwich...that's what makes it so good! It's always the bad ones that look the most appealing. Well, that, and it's got the same chemical make-up of a yoga mat, but seriously, who cares, right?