Candy Dish at work

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
I have a co-worker that has a candy dish on her file cabinet which she fills with wrapped candy for everyone. Sitting next to the candy dish is a bottle of hand sanitizer. Most people do not think to use it before taking the candy since the candy is wrapped (boxes of nerds, suckers, tootsie rolls ect). She gets mad because no one uses the sanitizer and is making a HUGE fuss about it. How she doesn't want to get sick and then bring germs home to her kids too. Although I can totally understand wanting people to sanitize first....Quite frankly I wouldn't think to use the sanitizer either. I'm thinking that if you're going to be this fussy about your candy dish...why have one in the office for everyone. Any thoughts??? Discuss.......

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?... there are bigger things in the world to occupy mind space than to sanitize or not to sanitize.

She just needs to ditch the candy if she's going to be a germ freak about it. Does she monitor hand washing in the bathrooms as well?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that if you're going to be this fussy about your candy dish...why have one in the office for everyone. Any thoughts???
    I agree.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Wrapped AND insisting on hand sanitiser? That's just weird. But then I brought a box of non-wrapped biscuits (cookies) back from a work trip and everyone's helping themselves, even the two with heavy colds, and the hygiene factor didn't even occur to me.

Having said that, I'd never eat peanuts at a bar knowing how few people wash their hands after going to the loo. Except alcohol kills germs, right?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even eat her candy! Just on principle!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    There are germs on EVERYTHING you touch.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just quit.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Solution: take ALL the candy at once leaving none behind. Problem solved!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I don't believe this. I am in a germ-free bubble!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

LIES!!!!

*runs away sobbing*
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that has a candy dish on her file cabinet which she fills with wrapped candy for everyone. Sitting next to the candy dish is a bottle of hand sanitizer. Most people do not think to use it before taking the candy since the candy is wrapped (boxes of nerds, suckers, tootsie rolls ect). She gets mad because no one uses the sanitizer and is making a HUGE fuss about it. How she doesn't want to get sick and then bring germs home to her kids too. Although I can totally understand wanting people to sanitize first....Quite frankly I wouldn't think to use the sanitizer either. I'm thinking that if you're going to be this fussy about your candy dish...why have one in the office for everyone. Any thoughts??? Discuss.......

I have to chime in on this as a former coworkers of yours...do you guys still get that amazing toffee and cookies around the holidays? :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Lol why is this even up for discussion...
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Exactly. And anti-bacterials make stronger germs.

As for your co-worker, if she is so worried about other peoples' germs, why doesn't she keep her own supply of candy in her desk drawer and then she won't have to deal with it. Sounds like a drama queen to me...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    starving-children-africa.jpg

Didn't use hand sanitizer?

Or maybe you need perspective...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    starving-children-africa.jpg

Didn't use hand sanitizer?

Or maybe you need perspective...

The one in the middle has the same look on his face that my baby gives me all the time. So touched right now...
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just quit.

this
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

I have to chime in on this as a former coworkers of yours...do you guys still get that amazing toffee and cookies around the holidays? :)

No:((( Either we stopped getting due to bad economy OR......you know our 2 lovely office managers..they've been known to hoard the good stuff in their office and not put it out for the rest of the employees lol!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

Exactly. And anti-bacterials make stronger germs.

As for your co-worker, if she is so worried about other peoples' germs, why doesn't she keep her own supply of candy in her desk drawer and then she won't have to deal with it. Sounds like a drama queen to me...

TOTAL DRAMA QUEEN!!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Lol why is this even up for discussion...

Well I did put it in the chat chit section as a silly diversion.....not to be taken too seriously. Really it doesn't stress me out that much, I'm looking for idle chatter:ohwell:
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    this lady sounds crazy. i have a co-worker who also has a candy dish, and if he started requiring that i use sanitizer before i take a WRAPPED candy, i would find another candy dish.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    [/quote
    Discussing, maybe she thought it was a polite, yet ingenious way to avioid spreading germs, so she is :mad: