What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I discovered this morning that in the last 4.5 weeks, I have lost 4.4 lbs, but my UGW has gone up by 1 lb (I go by BF%, not weight)!. That tells me that I have lost fat, and not lean mass! All this time I thought I was just losing lean mass and not making any real progess! That's the pick me up I needed (and why I feel weighing yourself every day is good for you!)
  • mylove0mylife
    Options
    My NSV was being able to handle working out 6 out of 7 days last week...and I worked out 3 times yesterday for 25 - 45 minutes each.
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm packing up my summer clothes to give away instead of putting them away. Next year I will be 2 to 3 sizes smaller. Already dropped sizes this year too. Woo Hoo.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    NSV today was being able to do 20 reps with 70# dumbbells on bench. This isn't anything I would normally think of as a NSV but I haven't been able to lift upper body in 4 weeks due to a shoulder injury so I was really surprised I was able to do that many!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's still early today, so i'm gonna go with my NSV from last night.

I was craving a snack last night after dinner, drank some water, made a cup of tea, still wanted a snack (and had my sights set on my hubby's Snickers bar in the pantry that was calling out to me). For no less than 15 minutes I argued with myself over whether to just eat the Snickers or not. I found a substitute: grape tomatoes. I got my sweet fix and something that was really, truly good for me. Plus, I would have had to throw them away in a couple days so less food waste. Yay! Crisis: averted.

I get ravenously hungry around my TOM, and my willpower towards junk food has a tendency to disintegrate very easily. For me, this was a huge NSV.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    i did 100 squats over 4 hours...previously unheard of!
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My daughter gave me a hug last night and told me I wasn't as squishy as I used to be, but she was sad because she said Mommas are supposed to be squishy. I told her I didn't want to be squishy any more.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just got a copy of my lab results from my recent physical - cholesterol 149, triglycerides 70, HDL 41 and LDL 94. Six months ago, the total was 201 and all the other numbers were the opposite of what they should be.

Yay, exercise!!!
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Woke up early today, went to look in the mirror like always, and look at my back for the first time in awhile, and it seems I've lost weight there for sure ^^
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Added 5 minutes to my cardio routine!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I happily packed up a box of clothing that I am now too small to fit. Some other (un) lucky woman can have them.
  • LatoshaAC
    Options
    Yesterday, while out and about I kept pulling up my pants. Whenever I would walk, they kept coming down. I had to go home and change them.
  • ponypal06
    Options
    Looking down and seeing my 'breasts' and not my belly. Just noticed that today.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My jeans have saggy butt and the waist band on my underwear is falling down????
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm packing up my summer clothes to give away instead of putting them away. Next year I will be 2 to 3 sizes smaller. Already dropped sizes this year too. Woo Hoo.

I'd love to do this too, but I'm so scared that I'll fall off the wagon and have to go out and buy XL and 16/18 again.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Today is 103 days being smoke-free! YAY me!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My NSV is not only that I lost 1 lb this week but that I went down in size. I was wearing a baggy size 12. I dug out some old 10's and tried them on. While they fit they are ugly high waist mom jeans. I can't believe we wore those things. Look like grandpa with the pants hiked up to the arm pits. YUCK!! So while the 10's I have do fit me now there is no way I'm leaving the house in those funky looking things. So its off to the store I go. hehehe

Oh and need new bra's too. The straps are all too big and when I put my arms up my bra rides up on me and when my arms are down the bra just kind of dangles lol. I could pin or shorten the straps but then they won't sit right. Well looks like I"m up for all new clothes lol awwww isn't that such ashame that I "Have" to get new clothes? LOL
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Putting on a bra that I haven't been able to wear in at least a year !!!!!
  • kumitekg
    Options
    I had to make a new loophole in the belt I'm wearing today (that I had bought when I had put on some weight) !

(p.s. Congrats to all of you for your AMAZING feats... each and every one!)
  • LindsayG34
    LindsayG34 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I had a dress picked out that I was going to wear. I started this journey at about a 16 in dress size (18 in pants and fitted dresses) and this dress is a fairly forgiving 12 (A line so it doesn't hug my hips too tight), so I was really happy to fit into it when I tried it on last week. I haven't worn this dress in 5 years so yay me! Last night I was trying on old clothes to see where I was and I looked at a different dress that was hanging in the back of my closet and though maybe...

Let me just break down how big this is for me. I've owned this dress for 5.5 years and have NEVER been able to wear it. It is a form-fitting 10 and I bought it at the same time I bought the 12 I mentioned earlier. It didn't fit me at the time but it was so beautiful and of course I was going to lose the weight then so why not, right? Wrong. I never lost the weight. I've been looking at that dress in my closet for over half a DECADE, people, and I've never been able to wear it. So last night I pulled it on to see if I might be able to get into it by December for a holiday ball and that sucker zipped right up, y'all! No spankx; no kidding! It pulls a tiny bit around my rear and the boning isn't the most comfortable when I sit, but dangit, I look AWESOME in that dress!!!

And then I proceeded to wear it around the house for 3 hours just because I could. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!