BOO to Monopoly at McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    On top of that I noticed you have to order the super size to get the game pieces...what happened to putting it on the regular sizes? Has anyone even heard of anyone winning the game?

Actually, last night my husband was DYING for McD's so we got it. My medium fries had game pieces, his large fries and drink didn't.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Try their Southwest salad with grilled chicken. It is 290 calories without dressing, 390 with. It is high is sodium but it tastes great, is filling and is not a bad choice, considering.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the McDonalds nutrition pdf right now. Except for some plain lettuce with no dressing, where are the healthy choices? I'm not seeing them.

I'm not a terribly big fan of Mickey D's, but there are a few choices that are pretty reasonable.

The "Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken" is a 300-calorie meal with 8 grams of fat, 21 grams of non-fiber carbs (11 of which are sugar), and a pretty whopping 27 grams of protein. A tad high in sugar for a perfectly balanced meal, true, but not too terribly bad. Also a tad high in sodium, but it qualifies as a reasonably healthy meal.

The "Grilled Chicken Sandwich" isn't too bad. 350 calories, 28g protein, mostly good fats, though somewhat high in sodium.

The "Honey Mustard Crispy Chicken Snack Wrap" is a bit higher in fat, but lower in sugars, and provides a decent amount of protein for the calories provided.

Compared to a home-cooked meal that's prepared with healthy ingredients, it's all garbage, of course. But you can find healthy things to eat there if you put a little time into it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    it's got the same chemical make-up of a yoga mat, but seriously, who cares, right?

But isn't yoga supposed to be good for you? Or have I been doing it wrong by eating the mats all these years?
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OMG... I haven't eaten at McDonalds in months, so hopefully my tastes have changed, but I absolutely used to LOVE the McRib! I think I would be in very big trouble indeed if there was a McDonalds by me that had them year round! Hopefully the next time they have them by me, I don't even want one anymore. I used to also love the fillet of fish, and now I think its kind of gross, so there is still hope for me!

Edited to add: I mean't to "quote" the person that said they had a McDonalds that had McRib year round... I'm not sure what happened there or how to fix that...
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    All I have ever won was about 10lbs from free fries... their oversalted aromatic greasy fries always got me. I used to like their chicken sandwiches, but they changed the recepie and I detest it now. I'll say no with ya to monopoly, it draws in all the suckers who want to get rich, just to get them to buy more food. haha.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you really want to play monopoly... just get a coffee/tea in the mornings! There are two puzzle pieces of 1 large!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I can understand the draw of the Monopoly game. I used to go there for breakfasts and get a bunch of hash browns because they were the cheapest thing you could buy with gamepieces on them. I think I will be sitting the game out this year. I have always wondered though...has anyone EVER heard of anyone winning anything from the Monopoly game other than the food? I haven't. You would think if someone won the million dollars or a car or something that you would see it on the news somewhere...

Actually yes. My Brother in Law knew someone who won cash with it, quite a bit of it too.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Too bad you can't win a car by buying an ice cream cone. I eat one about once a week.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Forget Monopoly...bring on the McRib!!!

I used to love the McRib until this last time I had it. Aww... man the toilet hated me.
  • Banzaix
    Banzaix Posts: 12
    Options
    I hate to say it but the promotion works, I had to go but didnt get a massive meal, did win a free thing of medium fries. guess im going to just have to work out harder haha
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    it's got the same chemical make-up of a yoga mat, but seriously, who cares, right?

But isn't yoga supposed to be good for you? Or have I been doing it wrong by eating the mats all these years?

No, it seems that you're doing it right. Did you eat the yoga mat in an impossibly contorted position?
  • Jenada79
    Jenada79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the new McD's Monopoly advert.
    Not an overweight person in sight.
    Truth in advertising right?
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
    Have you ever been in one? Or anywhere in public for that matter?
    It irks me that they fill the ads with healthy looking people.
    I guess my point wasn't clear, or you just want to argue...

I don't know about him, but I certainly don't get your point. I eat at McDonalds 5 days per week and have done that consistently while on my way to losing 50 pounds. I live in West LA where the McDonalds are filled with skinny people letting their kids play in the air conditioned play area. People make their own choices; McDonalds alone does not make them fat.

Is there some list of eateries that you frequent where you don't see any fat people? Besides for vegan places. vegan places don't count. I'm only talking about places that serve, you know, actual food.

Pretty sure that there are fat vegans and I am pretty sure they eat actual food.
  • KendyDawn81
    Options
    Sorry, but Rainforest Cafe is over-priced and DISGUSTING!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    OMG dude we won fries and a shake from the monopoly last weekend! Poooooooo!!!!!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We went to McD's last night for dinner, after 3 soccer practices a day of work and absolutely no ambition to try and fit dinner into the 8 oclock hour. I don't feel guilty about it. I got the grilled chicken club sandwich, no cheese, no fries, no drink. It fit into my daily calorie intake and it was pretty tasty. I did win a free frappe or smoothie, which I was estastic to win but doesn't mean I will use it. The small Mango Pineapple smoothie has 210 calories I think so it wouldn't ruin me.
  • tinkteri
    Options
    I was adicted 2 years ago and got a fries and drink, just for the game piece...I know i gained 6 pounds during that time and no prizes from it...Double boo to McD's
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    If you really want to play monopoly... just get a coffee/tea in the mornings! There are two puzzle pieces of 1 large!

thats where I get my coffee everyday, I dont eat their food, been drinking their coffee for 5 years :) so I get to play!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Just look at your ticker...30 lbs lost...you're doing something right! Keep it up!!!

However, new research studies show anything other than the blue mats are high on the glycemic index and will cause an insulin spike and you will eventually die immediately shortly after you stop breathing almost always, sometimes.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Forget Monopoly...bring on the McRib!!!

I used to love the McRib until this last time I had it. Aww... man the toilet hated me.

The real question is...are you going to get another one when they come back? Come on, you know you will. Everyone does!