Should I workout to eat more calories?

Options
I only have 400 calories left for the day. I still need dinner. I blew it at Salsartias at lunch.
I worked out this morning but I could do a spin or small run tonight to gain some back...or should I just eat a small dinner and call it a day? WWYD?

Replies

• anward1
    Options
    Another workout won't hurt if you have the time. I would do more exercise cause I like to eat dinner and then be able to have a snack after that before bed.
  • flrelady
    flrelady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would say eat a low calorie foods that will fill you up since you have exercised already today.
  • irismoon
    Options
    It really depends on what you are wanting to eat for dinner. If you find something that will fill you up for low calories, then just eat that and forget the exercise. If you think you ate too much earlier, but still want a good sized dinner then work out some. I normally would just eat a small dinner because they say it isn't good to over eat at dinner time. I try to make breakfast and lunch larger than dinner because I found that that works for me when trying to loose weight. Whatever you do though, I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what you should do but if it were me I would just eat a dinner within the remaining calories. I do a lot of grilled chicken with steamed veggies and that comes in way under that so it's definitely possible. :) Add my water w/fiber in it and that helps a lot to fill me up. :)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would eat a small dinner and call it a day. Your body needs its rest.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    This is why I bought an elliptical! I was starving :laugh:

Do what you want... If you feel good and want to move-it-move-it a bit, then do that and have a normal dinner. If you're a little tired and don't wanna do it then just have a salad w/a little chix boob and go to bed. It's all good,,, we're talking about a couple 100 cals (1/10th of a pound) either way.
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would eat a low cal dinner. Remember this is a lifestyle change. It is easier on your schedule and your body to eat less at dinner than it is to squeeze in an extra workout. Plus, a lighter dinner equals better sleep!

Best wishes~

~Michele ;-)
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    I usually workout twice if I know I have eaten a lot in that day and don't have a lot of cals left to eat for dinner. But I have to eat a decent meal for dinner. Thats just me tho!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started running so I could eat more food. I love food! I wound up running a marathon a year ago. Good habit, I'd say.

Two thoughts...

The first is that you should be eating 300-400 calorie "meals" anyway. Research suggest that six "meals" a day tends to keep the metabolism going.

The second is that if you enjoy working out-GO FOR IT!!! And enjoy your dinner!