getting close to goal

Options
I am close to getting to my goal and am finding it harder and harder to lose. I am doing around 50 mins of cardio six days a week and weights 3-4 days a week. I am finding i need to work out two hours a day to lose a half pound a week.
any suggestions:explode:

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Eat more??? OR! I KNOW, I KNOW! I JUST reached goal weight today...how, you ask? I caught a STOMACH BUG! I lost my last 2-3 lbs due to a stomach bug. NOT the way I wanted to lose them, but...but....it worked!!! :-)

Good luck!!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm exercising loads this week to get the last 2LBS off.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories. Sounds backward but it often helps. If your current weight loss setting is set to lose 1.0 lbs per week, change it to 0.5 lbs. per week. Follow this for one month before making further adjustments.

Make sure you change your cardio routine every 1-2 weeks. If you belong to a gym, use a different machine. If you workout at home, choose different moves. Same goes for lifting weights.

Focus more on your diet. Eliminate all processed foods, junk food and alcohol.

Congratulations on your success!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I just recently hit a plateau as well.. actually starting to gain a few back! o.O
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You shouldn’t have to work out two hours a day to lose weight. It might help if you open your diary to give some insight. I have always had difficulty losing weight, but have lost over 79 pounds since I had my daughter, but over 45 pounds in like 23 weeks following this system. I recently met my goal weight too and now struggle to eat enough to not continue to lose with just 1 hour a day at 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training (5 days a week) with a walk or bike ride on the weekend. If you set up your settings correctly, you should be eating all of your calories and tinker with eating back some of your workout calories (depending on what you see works for you). When I ate my calories and/or my calories and up to half of the exercise calories I lost 1-2 pounds a week steadily for like 23 weeks. The weeks I only lost like .50 pound, I lost in inches. As long as you follow the numbers, you should lose in either weight or inches. Remember inches are good too! Take your measurements and pictures. Sometimes the body is changing in shape and muscle weighs more than fat but will continue to burn calories in the long run. Make sure you make healthy food choices with good amounts of protein and fiber and watch your sodium. We all enjoy our cheats days or meals or snacks, but the more serious you really are, the better of results you will see. Be sure to drink lots of fluids. If I was able to do this, you can too. Be honest with your logging of your portions and give it time. Slow and steady…
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    Go to Beyond Fitness.com. Your workout needs to burn fat. You are working out way too much. good luck.
  • Julie3ang
    Options
    lol. feel better.