What mid-morning/afternoon snacks do you eat?

Options
Hi MFP friends!

I am trying to reach my macros per meal. I usually have 1 cup of strawberries and 1/2 oz of whole almonds as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. This makes a total of 6 gr of fat, 4 gr of protein, and 14 gr of carbs. I really need to be eating more protein per meal (like 13 gr per meal-I am eating 6 meals a day). Almonds are so healthy and I love them but they are really high on fat...so I am trying to stick to 1/2 oz a day. Also I am trying to stay away from protein bars, because I want to eat more natural, unprocessed foods.

I wonder what healthy snacks do you eat? Any recommendations of high protein snacks would be great!

Thank you!!

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    For my morning snack I usually eat a light yogurt. Whatever brand is on sale I buy each month and stock up to last a couple weeks.
    Also, reduced fat cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni and Joseph's lavash & pita breads (low carb, high protein) are my go to at home.
  • MyPresent
    MyPresent Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks MrM27! I was about to mention that I just starting eating Oikos Greek Organic Yogurt ( 0 fat) and it has 12 gr of protein and it is delicious. Adding the flax oil is a great idea.
    What is "ON protein"? sorry for my ignorance!
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I usually eat kind bars, or hard boiled eggs. Hummus and tzaziki sauce with carrots of celery. I also love mozerella sticks.
    Also this is the season of honey crips apples, they sell them in WFoods or safeway, they are to die for;)

Good luck!
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Low-fat cottage cheese is usually a good bet for me.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I don't eat midmorning snack as I eat about a 400 calorie breakfast. In the afternoon I'll eat anything from 100 cal popcorn bags, almonds, fiber one with sugar free vanilla pudding, Weight watchers string cheese, popsicles, etc etc
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs! Yumm... They're really good if you dice them up and mix with a can of tuna and mix in a tablespoon reduced fat mayo or fat free Italian dressing. Very yummy in a wrap. I use Joseph's flax ones. Lower carb with higher protein.
  • MyPresent
    Options
    These are all great ideas. Thanks so much for your suggestions!
    I do need to get food that I can bring to the office and either keep in the fridge or in the cabinet. Sometimes while I am at work and it gets busy, it is hard to eat something too elaborated as a snack.
  • MyPresent
    Options
    Thanks MrM27! I was about to mention that I just starting eating Oikos Greek Organic Yogurt ( 0 fat) and it has 12 gr of protein and it is delicious. Adding the flax oil is a great idea.
    What is "ON protein"? sorry for my ignorance!

Optimum Nutrition Standard Gold 100% Whey protein powder. Right now I'm using French vanilla but you can never go wrong with chocolate. 120 calories, 1g fat, 4g carbs, 24g protein per serving.

Thank you!
  • swkittrell
    Options
    My usual snacks are a stick of cheese, greek yogurt, an apple, a banana or celery with peanut butter. Keep the snacks coming I have seen some good ones!
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My morning snack is usually a piece of fruit, yogurt, or almonds

15136227.png
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter is usually my morning snack (usually about the time some jerk in my office decides to break out the cookies...lol), and I eat a ton of veggies in the afternoon, with a tuna/salmon or turkey pepperoni snack thrown in on days I'm working out after work. I also make my own veggie dip with tofu, avocado, spinach, garlic, and vinegar to spice up my veggies.