Question for you all who've lost 100+

Options
13»

Replies

• PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    A lot of it depends on your age...hydration level.....how stretched out it was, etc. I lost loads of weight when I was 29. Everything went back to "normal" except my upper legs, looked like a Sharpei puppy. I had the skin removal surgery, it really didn't help much and was $11,000. That being said, my legs/thighs were my biggest area so the skin was more stretched out there. I had a tummy tuck done after my 2nd (and final) c-section, that went well........ but the "thigh lift" was a big disappointment.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes, and there is no way around it. There is no magic cream or formula, and building muscle definitely helps but it doesn't hide the fact that I need a tummy tuck. I have a nice set of abs under the skin that you can feel and not see. Bulking up my arms worked for that area but I didn't have a lot of extra weight in my arms.
    Still, losing the weight was totally worth it and I feel like I look great in clothes. One day there may be a tummy tuck and boob lift in my future.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A lot of it depends on your age...hydration level.....how stretched out it was, etc. I lost loads of weight when I was 29. Everything went back to "normal" except my upper legs, looked like a Sharpei puppy. I had the skin removal surgery, it really didn't help much and was $11,000. That being said, my legs/thighs were my biggest area so the skin was more stretched out there. I had a tummy tuck done after my 2nd (and final) c-section, that went well........ but the "thigh lift" was a big disappointment.

The thigh operation is what I need most but I have heard such disappointing stories about it I don't think I'll ever do it. I am 43 and I don't plan on wearing Daisy Dukes or a bikini, but I do hate them.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I most certainly do. But it is only noticeable on my stomach and inner thighs (which no one sees) lol. You can also notice it on my arms when I am on the elliptical...otherwise, I don't see it on my arms...kinda weird that it shows up then. LOL I drink a ton of water (20-24 cups a day), I lotionized daily, and I am youngish (I like to think)....all of which may have helped.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 & have exercised throughout my weightloss. I have some major loose skin in the stomach, inner thighs, arms & knees. I decided WHO CARES! Who needs a bikini when you spend the majority of your life in regular clothes!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Yea but it tightens up way more than you'd expect as you maintain. Keep up the good work and try not to worry about it. Make sure to stay hydrated and take care of your skin on the way down

^^this^^ and genetics plays a part in it as well...I'm just making it to the 100lb mark...started this journey in 2010, so it has been kinda slow and steady; which i think plays a huge factor too. Just take your time losing it; follow your nutritional plan, workout and like someone else said lift weights. Good luck
    <
    here's me currently
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I had quite a bit after I lost the majority of my weight, but since I cut back on my cardio and started to add in more strength training it is getting noticably better fairly quickly. I guess the bottom line is that I would rather have some extra skin than an extra 100 pounds.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i have alot of extra skin but i would rather look like a sharpei than weight 310 again
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I lost slowly and my skin stayed pretty tight. My massage guy says I have very elastic skin. I guess thats a good thing?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Ten years ago, I lost 110 lbs. I didn't notice a lot of sagging skin. I had a little bit of "looseness" to my upper arm skin (when I went to give blood and they tied the elastic around my upper arm, you could tell, but otherwise it looked normal).

I think a lot depends on how you carry your weight, too. I tend to carry all over, not just in one area, so my weight loss was distributed all over. I lost steadily, about 10 pounds a month after the initial higher loss (20 lbs in the first month).

Now that I'm doing this again, I'm hoping for similar results, but I accept that I'm ten years older so things may have changed a bit. I'm also open to the idea of a surgery if that's what it will take to make me feel good once I've maintained my goal weight for at least a year.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i had lost 130# and been marked up for my surgeries and was to set the dates, only to lend the money for the first two operations away to someone who failed to return it.
    and then...for other reasons, and as time went by, i gained 100# back.
    i am losing my 80 first, then the last 20.

and i am *very*much looking forward to what i have decided to call my 'doll seams.'

i will have seams inside my arms, from armpit to elbow, when they are tightened up and lifted.
    i will have a horizontal smile seam across my lower abdomen, major tummy tuck, part 1 of the lower body lift.
    later, i will have Y seams inside my thighs, part 2 of the lower body lift.
    and then later, i will have anchor seams on my breasts, when they are lifted.

and i will be happy to lose those last remaining pounds, for i will be carrying about 12-15# of extra skin when I am at my second, and ultimate goal.

and i will have toned up and worked out pre-ops, and will be a woman at goal, fitted to her own skin.

=^x^=
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit and had no choice but to have some intervention. I am currently 9 days Post Op from a circumferential body lift surgery.. If you would like to see this process I created a blog (approved by MFP) to document my journey...

Best of Luck

Ed

www.gettingfit4life.com
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yes I have alot of loose skin on my stomach, arms, legs, my boobs sag, even my butt. Several factors play into this but I have gained and lost large amounts of weight several times in my life and that doesn't help. My skin just can't bounce back anymore, I guess.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

The thigh operation is what I need most but I have heard such disappointing stories about it I don't think I'll ever do it. I am 43 and I don't plan on wearing Daisy Dukes or a bikini, but I do hate them.

Have heard the same that the scaring is all the way to your inner knee... I could definitely use the thigh lift but my shorts cover it up and I don't really want the big scars so I will pass on that part too...
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    My ball sack is the worse. It interferes with everything. I have to wear special underwear just to keep them from slapping my bad knee. :( I know the cure to this problem is just to gain the weight back but I can’t seem to eat enough lard and sit on my *kitten* long enough to gain it back. But 1 day. 1 day I won’t have to shave my ball sack as if I was sharpening my razor. :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is no but you might get a small amount but i wouldn't worry
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    scares me too, I have the hugest bingo wings and even tho I have lost nearly 90lb they are still full of fat! I have read that scrubs followed by moisturising helps. I also heard that its best to break up your weight loss i.e to lose a fraction of it and then maintain for a few months. I have been doing that unintentionally and so far no sagging. (I got about 30 to go)
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the replies!

I guess I will worry when I have to, for now I will continue to concentrate on the weight loss.

xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!