Candy Dish at work

Options
2»

Replies

• twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do you work at my office??? :laugh: I'm laughing because I just refilled my candy jar that the entire floor shares in, and over the past couple weeks there's been a mean bug traveling through the office. I left a bottle of hand sanitizer up there with a note, specifically because it's just that time of year.

Was afraid people would think I was being nuts. Guess this confirms it. :blushing:
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    starving-children-africa.jpg

Didn't use hand sanitizer?

Or maybe you need perspective...
    aaah
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i wouls probly walk by her desk, sneeze on her keyboard, rub her stapler in my arm pit, maybe even fart into her phone reciever...then sanatize my hands and grab myself a foil wrapped candy :P after all, being completly obnoxious and annying is damn hard work.
    oooh, it would be even better if you entered the room after exiting the bathroom with wet hands and *****ing about how theres no toilet paper left! bahahaha! oooh thank gawd i dont work with anyone like this!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Poop in the candy dish and watch her freak out.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that has a candy dish on her file cabinet which she fills with wrapped candy for everyone. Sitting next to the candy dish is a bottle of hand sanitizer. Most people do not think to use it before taking the candy since the candy is wrapped (boxes of nerds, suckers, tootsie rolls ect). She gets mad because no one uses the sanitizer and is making a HUGE fuss about it. How she doesn't want to get sick and then bring germs home to her kids too. Although I can totally understand wanting people to sanitize first....Quite frankly I wouldn't think to use the sanitizer either. I'm thinking that if you're going to be this fussy about your candy dish...why have one in the office for everyone. Any thoughts??? Discuss.......
    [/quote
    Discussing, maybe she thought it was a polite, yet ingenious way to avioid spreading germs, so she is :mad:

^^^ I could understand candy dish sanitizer ladies point of view BUT she literally talked of nothing else all morning and she finished it off by having a panic attack. People who are that germiphobic shouldn't bring in food for the whole office to share.
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Solution: take ALL the candy at once leaving none behind. Problem solved!

^^this^^ very smart lady :flowerforyou:
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I wrk in that office. I thought we were supposed to bob for the candy. Geez, make one faux pas and out comes the sanitizer.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Your co-worker is a lunatic. If there's going to be a candy dish in your workplace, it should be out in a common area and refilled with items purchased by the company ... not something someone puts on their desk in order to rope people into conversation/gossip. We have 2 candy dishes at my work, 1 for chocolate and 1 for hard candy. The chocolate one had plain M&M's loose in it for people to just grab a handful for the longest time until someone complained about "germs" so they put a paper cup in there to scoop the M&M's out... which honestly makes zero sense considering you're still touching the cup and the cup is still touching the candy...

Boycott her candy dish if she's going to be germ phobic.