How to log in Les Mills Body Pump

Options
Does anyone have suggestions on how to log in a fitness class such as Les Mills Body Pump?

Replies

• drjackson94
    drjackson94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. When I put it in my log it didn't register the calories. Any luck yet?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    best thing is to get an HRM. I burn alot of calories with les mills pump
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree. HRM is a great investment and I use it for everything including that class.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Get a monitor. I bought one after doing body pump for 2 months... I usually burned between 350-400
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    I thought this said Les Miles (the head football coach at LSU), and I was like... he has a body pump DVD...?
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i log it as strength training since it is one of the lower classes for burns according to the website but def invest in hrm
  • kelgalon
    kelgalon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM when I was taking that class regularly and burned between 350-400 as well. I just entered it in myself each time.
  • Fittabulous
    Fittabulous Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had trouble when I did Insanity. I found the easiest to do was to set up the workout, and then just enter in my own calories based on my heart rate monitor. Check out the Polar FT4 if you need one. Heartratemonitorsusa.com is the cheapest ive found.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I tried this class for the first time on Monday & logged it as "aerobics, general". It MAY have burnt a few more cals than a general aerobics class, but I reckoned the error would be in the "right" direction & would be an underestimate, rather than an overestimate. I try not to eat ALL of my exercise calories back anyway - unless I'm REALLY hungry.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Don't list this class as weight training/lifting. It is not lifting. It is an endurance-based cardio class. Just because you're using weights doesn't mean it's strength training.