Question...

Options
do you know if I can still lose weight by eating fast food that is greasy but I still stay under my calories requierement and I'm doing ripped in 30 6 th day so far, in my fitness pal calories calculator say yes but I'm not sure

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    yes
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is driven by calorie deficit .... period. You could lose weight on an all Twinkie diet.

However, HEALTHY weight loss (and future maintenance) .... depends upon making changes to your diet.

On the all Twinkie diet ... you would be hungry often & you would lose muscle mass. Most people want to lose FAT. That's not to say eating fat is a bad idea ... it's not. There are GOOD for you fats (not found in greasy fast food or Twinkies).

Protien, fiber & healthy fats are a good way to keep you from being hungry all the time. You would be surprised on how much food you can eat ... when strive to get the most out of your limited calories.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think you can BUT you have to remember that with fast food (or any prepared/restaurant food) comes high sodium so you may stall out if you're eating it a lot and not compensating with a lot of water.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and lots of water.
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is driven by calorie deficit .... period. You could lose weight on an all Twinkie diet.

However, HEALTHY weight loss (and future maintenance) .... depends upon making changes to your diet.

On the all Twinkie diet ... you would be hungry often & you would lose muscle mass. Most people want to lose FAT. That's not to say eating fat is a bad idea ... it's not. There are GOOD for you fats (not found in greasy fast food or Twinkies).

Protien, fiber & healthy fats are a good way to keep you from being hungry all the time.

HELL YEAH TWINKIE DIET!
  • dianamgudiel
    Options
    Thank you , I know eating healthy is better but I get sick of it quick
  • onanapamela
    Options
    Losing weight comes from burning calories more than you take in. Therefore, if you eat fast food and stay within your calorie intake per day you will lose weight. BUT fast food contains a lot of sodium, sat. fats that are bad for you. Good luck. :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

You should really work on finding healthy food that you like. Otherwise, you'll get to a goal weight and likely still not like how you look. Eventually you'll get tired of dieting and go back to eating a "normal" amount of food and gain it all back.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Check out Cooking Light. The notion that healthy eating is boring or unflavorful is completely False!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Yes, eating fewer calories than your body is burning will result in weight loss; however, have you ever heard the term "skinny-fat"? It is used to describe someone who appears skinny (generally while clothed) but has a high body fat percentage as a result of eating poorly. So the real question is do you want to be healthier or just look healthier?
  • dianamgudiel
    Options
    Yes I know what it is it happens to me when I stop doing regular exercises , I had four months without moving and I started feeling so bad I just started 6 days ago a work out plan that I'm going to do my best to stick with it