Pescatarian

Options
I know this term is somewhat controversial because eating any type of "meat" means you are not vegetarian. I am primarily vegetarian but also will eat fish, shellfish and crustaceans about once a week. I have been eating this way for about 2 years, other than when I was pregnant. I am starting to get bored with the recipes I have and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good website or post any personal healthy recipes. Thanks!

Replies

• lydiabeth4
    Options
    I am also a Pescatarian!

And i got a wonderful cookbook from my parents for Christmas. It's by Betty Crocker and its called "Easy, Everyday Vegetarian Dishes" and i get a lot of good ideas from that. =)
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    No controversy here, eat what you want! :)

That said, what kind of fish do you prefer? I don't want to give you a recipe for mahi if you only eat ahi ;-)
  • sln2789
    sln2789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat just about any type of fish...although I do prefer them without skin or heads. :) I am not huge on shellfish - like clams and oysters though.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that term before. Thanks for sharing. I thought you would be vegetarian...and that someone who eats no meat etc would be vegan?
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    how to cook everything vegetarian by mark bittman is the bomb for veg recipes!
  • sln2789
    sln2789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians eat No meat (whether beef, poultry, seafood or any byproducts of them - even broths for example)

Vegans eat No meat or meat products (which include egg, any dairy, or anything that comes from an animal)

I know there is a lot of confusion on that. :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Bumping!!!

I'm primarily pescatarian. I want to try the South Beach diet to get rid of excess/bad carbs but that is a tough diet to pull off without being a meat eater.

I need fish recipes!!! (and the guts to try them out! :laugh:)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump