46 and determined to fight the belly fat myth!

Options

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Almost 47 and I take that challenge :) Fighting, wrestling, and kicking the crap out of belly fat with cardio and lifting heavy and eating FAT, eating a lot of fat, 40% of my daily intake.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I will be 48 in January and too have way too much belly fat.. Not excessive but more than I would like. I know from others that it can be done away with. My goal is to go into my 50's with the belly I had before my daughter was born. It can be done. I know.. Anyhoo what I have noticed and I'm not sure why it occurs is this"

Whenever I go any place that has teenage girls I notice the size of their belly's. Some look worse than mine. They jiggle which mine does not. Why do the young girls of today 20 and under have such big mid sections.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and with you also!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sounds great, i've been trying since January and little by little its improving...friend request sent
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Working out every day. No alcohol october to see how that affects my progress. Alcohol is the reason I have a belly :grumble:
  • yorkies2
    Options
    Please if you find out what works, let me know, I have tried everything, I am skinny everywhere but my belly, 3 Dr.s told me it's age once you turn 40, I will be 42 this month and this has been going on since around age 39.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and about 3/4 of the way to my goal. My initial goal was to lose weight, somewhere along the way it became to get fit. Now, I'm planning on being fierce!!! I enjoy the gym now more than ever in my life and I will NOT sit at home and be an old woman. My husband and I run a business, I have two children and an adorable grandson. I stay crazy busy but I will not sit down. I feel and look better than ever and plan on keeping it that way!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 46, and I've lost approx 60lbs over the last year. I've always heard that you just, at a certain age cannot lose that hip/belly fat and I'm determined to prove this wrong. It's like the world would have me settle and well, I just wasn't made for settling.

So my goal is to chisel it away..exercise, nutrition, green tea, coconut oil, giving up alcohol(gulp) all the while dealing with perimenopause, kids, a house a husband and my writing work.

Anyone have a similar goal?

Looking for friends to hang out with to stay motivated

COUNT ME IN!
    almost 41, fighting post tumor belly fat/fllab. homeschooling, and I am sure menopause is right around the corner...
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it either as I've seen gals your age and gals my age that lost it;) Good for you, don't fall for myths or even other's experience, prove it for yourself;) That doesn't mean don't be open to learn things but I am learning not to just accept that other's opinions are necessarily true. Some are, some aren't;) denise
    Hi
    I am 46, and I've lost approx 60lbs over the last year. I've always heard that you just, at a certain age cannot lose that hip/belly fat and I'm determined to prove this wrong. It's like the world would have me settle and well, I just wasn't made for settling.

So my goal is to chisel it away..exercise, nutrition, green tea, coconut oil, giving up alcohol(gulp) all the while dealing with perimenopause, kids, a house a husband and my writing work.

Anyone have a similar goal?

Looking for friends to hang out with to stay motivated
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same here. Just turned 40 this year and started losing in July. Had my physical 5 weeks later and numbers were really improving. Working hard to get the weight down so I can get a flat-ish midsection.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have lost about 30 lbs this summer. Still want to lose about 30 more. I did a lot of walk/jogging and free wts 2-3 times a week. The weights have given me the most results. Feeling strong is the best! Good luck! IT CAN BE DONE!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too! I'm 47 and have that dang belly fat left to lose (everything else looks good!) WE CAN DO THIS - I'm sending you a friend request :smile:
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 on March 23rd, so I'm aiming to be 50 lbs lighter. Then I'll make another goal after that one. I take it 10 lbs at a time...every 10 pounds I lose, it take more pressure off of my knees.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and need to get rid of some belly fat. It's challenging but I'm trying. Good luck!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am a 45 year old male. Not sure if we are like you ladies. But, I was 250 with lots of bells fat. I am now 168 without any belly fat. In fact, I have actual abs. I can't believe it. I went from a 44-46 waist to a 32.
    If I can do it, anyone can.
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    At 50 I decided to lose weight and get fit. You can do it if you set your mind to it. No excuses, just hard work!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oh I am in it! I am doing a calorie deficit, the Insanity workouts, pumping anything fat burning that is natural and healthy and just aiming to prove it wrong.

To date I have already lost 11 inches off my belly so why not the rest? I want a waist under 30 inches..that is my goal.

I think..it's just burning fat until it's gone.

And there is no reason to stop until it's gone...I certainly won't stop because somebody says it can't be done!

Thanks to those who have added me!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I just turned 41 and I WILL have a 6-pack one day. :drinker: Cheers to us!!!
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi
    I too am 46 although I'm just starting on my journey. I'd love to do it with you!
  • Hezmia
    Hezmia Posts: 19
    Options
    This seems to be a thread where I belong. I am 44 (soon to be 45) and my belly is my worst problem. Admittedly I have to lose weight all over but my belly is where I need to lose the most. It makes me feel a little better about my journey knowing there are others that have the same problem. Not sure I can give up wine though. Lol!