Over my protein levels............good? bad?

Options
Okay, going over almost daily on my protein intake, but staying under in my calories...........bad thing or not???????? Or is it okay since I do so much running (3 miles 3-5 days a week) and weight training (at least 2 days a week)?

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Do you have the default MFP value set or a custom percentage?

Either way being over is fine...but if you have the default MFP value set...you need to up that...it is defaulted extreamly low.
  • hubjo225
    Options
    HMMMMM, unsure of such, will take a look.
  • hubjo225
    Options
    Okay, obviously I don't know how to do that????????? I looked, I see nowhere to change the setting. It currently has be preset for an intake of no more than 50.
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay, obviously I don't know how to do that????????? I looked, I see nowhere to change the setting. It currently has be preset for an intake of no more than 50.

Click settings, then diary settings
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Click settings, then diary settings

Sorry, that wont change the levels :blushing:
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you are doing any type of weight training you want to ideally shoot for approx. 1/2 a gram of protein per pound you weigh in order to replenish your muscles after tearing them down...(ex. weight 130 lbs 65 grams of protein daily) your going to want to obviously spread this out throughout the course of the day. I am a 218 lb. man and I work out pretty hard so I up my intake to very minimum 1 gram per pound of weight. It is important to put the protein in your body about 30 minutes or so after working out this is why alot of people opt. for the protein shakes because the body absorbs it quickly opposed to trying to down solid foods right after working out which can sometimes be difficult. Everybodys body is different due to genetics or workout frequency, the human body can only absorb so much protein at once, generally about 25-30 grams in one sitting. One rule of thumb you can help yourself out with is 1 gram of protein equals 4 calories, 1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories and 1 gram of fat equals 9 calories. Hope this helped a bit.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can change your protein/carb/fat ratio under "goals" from the home screen.
  • hubjo225
    Options
    WOW, great info! I don't feel SO bad now. I will keep doing what I am doing! Thanks again!