What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• jeannettemancini
    jeannettemancini Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I threw my back out over the weekend, so I didn't work out at all Sunday (a usual skip day for me) Monday or Tuesday... but I was feeling a tad better this morning (chiropractor on Monday) and so I worked out... not as hard as usual, but I did it... and then went for a nice long walk at lunch.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I measured my upper arms today...and they've shrunk considerably - like 6 to 8 inches smaller! :)
  • LindsayG34
    LindsayG34 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    RedHeadDevotc
    Joined Jun 2012
    Wed 10/03/12 11:35 AM
    I was able to shove my calves into knee high boots

I've been dying to do this! Come on cold weather!
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I got told today that if I lose any more weight I will disappear! (This is seriously not true and I have another 14 lbs to lose before I am even in the healthy weight on the BMI scale) But hey, I was delighted!
  • mviegas1
    mviegas1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to fit into for a couple of years. :smile:
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today was noticing that my "Amy's" enchilada lunch had TWO servings, and managing to eat only one serving! I don't think I've ever shown that much restrain in my life (probably an exaggeration-but I'm very proud of myself nonetheless!)

Yay go us!:tongue:
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Went out on my lunch break to buy a new shirt or two and I was able to buy a small! I know sized vary and everything, but I usually buy mediums if they are made big. It was awesome to buy a small!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Yesterday I got back from my lunch time run and one of the guys in the office said I wasn't as "pink and wheezy" (asthmatic here) as I used to be when I would come in from runs. He was just picking on me but it made me realize that I have gotten a lot more fit even if my scale hasn't budged in a month and a half!
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    My NSV today is actually sort of a SV - I bought a new scale since the old one broke a month ago. I'd been avoiding it for a variety of reasons but it came in today. I have most things shipped to my office so when it came in I took it to the bathroom and used it. Just getting that far is a victory for me.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I got called "really cool"
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I got called "really cool"

NSV for sure
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I got my school pictures back today (I am a teacher) and they came out pretty nice! They usually are awful.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Can I do a last night? Instead of eating that pumpkin pie I got 6 pizelle cookies and ate those. 140 calories and DELICIOUS.

Also, wearing a size smaller pants today....
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, today I am wearing a dress that was a smidge too tight before. Now it is SO flattering. :happy: And maybe even a little loose.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting in my NSV today... I bought a pair of work pants 3 years/30lbs ago and needless to say, the wouldn't even go over my thighs. Today I'm sitting in them becauses they are the only work pants I currently own that fit me! =)

Another big NSV for me is when my boyfriend and I are cuddling... lately, he can't seem to keep his hands off my hips. I think it is because I now have hip bones. Makes me feel super sexy... =)
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I had a dress picked out that I was going to wear. I started this journey at about a 16 in dress size (18 in pants and fitted dresses) and this dress is a fairly forgiving 12 (A line so it doesn't hug my hips too tight), so I was really happy to fit into it when I tried it on last week. I haven't worn this dress in 5 years so yay me! Last night I was trying on old clothes to see where I was and I looked at a different dress that was hanging in the back of my closet and though maybe...

Let me just break down how big this is for me. I've owned this dress for 5.5 years and have NEVER been able to wear it. It is a form-fitting 10 and I bought it at the same time I bought the 12 I mentioned earlier. It didn't fit me at the time but it was so beautiful and of course I was going to lose the weight then so why not, right? Wrong. I never lost the weight. I've been looking at that dress in my closet for over half a DECADE, people, and I've never been able to wear it. So last night I pulled it on to see if I might be able to get into it by December for a holiday ball and that sucker zipped right up, y'all! No spankx; no kidding! It pulls a tiny bit around my rear and the boning isn't the most comfortable when I sit, but dangit, I look AWESOME in that dress!!!

And then I proceeded to wear it around the house for 3 hours just because I could. :)

Love that you wore it around the house! Way to go!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that I was able to run for three minutes straight at a faster treadmill setting than I ever have before, and I did it for six intervals over the course of my workout. Yay me!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    just saw an old friend who has obviously lost weight, I told him how great he looked, he backed up and pointed at me and said how great I look!! YAY :)
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    Just bought smaller jeans, realized I won't be able to wear them without a belt because they're just a liiiiiittle bit loose. :bigsmile:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My gym has been going through a refurb so I haven't been in a few months. I started doing the Zombies, Run! app (love it) on my own while they were remodeling. I also bought a bike. The gym is finally done and I went back on Monday and was planning on going again on Friday as I didn't want to go back to M W F just yet and over do it. I got up this morning and thought "To hell with it I'm going to the gym" then while I was finishing my workout, one of the instructors who I chat with came up and said she was doing a stability ball class, she was filling in for the usual instructor and she needed to fill the class and wanted me to come join in. So after 50 minutes of working out and running I said okay. She said I could leave early if I wanted but I stayed for the entire 45 minutes. I have NEVER done a stability ball class before today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!