Carbs

sharibrat
sharibrat Posts: 39 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I have been logging my foods here for over 20 days now.......and lost 4 lbs!!!!

I am starting to see some consistency in my numbers. I am always over on my sugar. I am usually pretty close on my protein. But I am quite often way short on my carbs.........it seems silly to eat more carbs as they will just turn to sugar and up the calories, won't they? Should I just not worry about it? Or do I need more carbs to balance things out?

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    a sugar is a carbohydrate, so it doesn't count against you twice! :-)
  • Okay, so here's how little I worry about my carbs: I wasn't even tracking them on my diary. I keep protein, sugar, saturated fat, fiber and calcium. But I went back and added carbs and realized that I was consistently under on those too. Not hugely but enough. I really just worry about those other five things that I marked. As long as I'm not just eating bread and junk food all day long, I feel like my carbs will be in check "enough". I'm honestly most concerned about keeping saturated fat lower and making sure I eat enough vegetables and fruit (which by the way, skyrockets my sugar but it's the good kind, so I'm okay with it). Unless you just feel like you have no energy throughout the day every day, then I wouldn't worry too much about your carbs either.
  • I have just the opposite problem...but thats probably because I have to pack a lunch for school, and a lot of the low fat sugar free etc stuff I pack has a fair amount of carbs.....
This discussion has been closed.