No friends

Options
Now I know how the kids in the neighbourhood felt when they weren't picked for hockey.

Started my weight loss journey on another calorie counting site, was going well but then found this site...so far am down about 35lbs.

I am an avid runner (despite my size), cyclist, hockey player and coach. Huge outdoorsman - my #1 passion is hunting.

I've been on the message boards a bit and have responded to a few posts. Some good fun info on the site.

BUT, I have no friends.

Replies

• GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Now you have a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    :( awwww thats sad Great job on the 35 lb loss I just started monday but I will be your friend
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea....send some friend requests, see what happens.

But not to me, I'm a picky b!tch.
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sent a request. It's better with all the great community support of friends :)
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Request sent, I too love to hunt
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    cant have that.
    i'm new to this site too. 35 pounds is fantastic for you.

I'm not a hunter or runner. I used to cycle, but that was long ago & far away... lol
    have a great day!
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started out like you, friendless! But then I bought a Fitbit, and made friends through the Fitbit forums. Every now and then, someone will start a thread asking people to be their friend - I have a lot of friends on MFP whom I've never met, but we're a merry little band of positivity reinforcers. :tongue:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    lol....try sending some friend requests. :wink: :smile:
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. Ride or die till the end.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.
  • DebbieYellow
    DebbieYellow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi all
    yo yo dieter desperate to lose a couple of stone for my wedding next year.. started the food diary but no surprise it is not influencing
    me enough to cut down properly ahhhhhhhhh debs
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    congratulations and three cheers on your weight loss! poor turkey! gobble gobble. :) friend request sent. all i care about is that you're supportive.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't hunt but my husband does and I don't play hockey but my boys do - so feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is best to have no friends! I was on here for a year, then added some `friends` it all got really *****y and people being all WTG and great job, friends were adding friends and my `feed` was full of people *****ing about each other and myPM email thing was full of crap with people *****ing about other people!

I deleted my account and restarted again with a different name and will be sure I don`t add `friends`.

that was the long version, the short version is choose your `friends` carefully lol!!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    well debs now that i know what a stone is feel free to friend me. lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    hi all
    yo yo dieter desperate to lose a couple of stone for my wedding next year.. started the food diary but no surprise it is not influencing
    me enough to cut down properly ahhhhhhhhh debs

You're gonna have to log your food and stay consistent for a lot longer than a couple weeks to get any results.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is best to have no friends! I was on here for a year, then added some `friends` it all got really *****y and people being all WTG and great job, friends were adding friends and my `feed` was full of people *****ing about each other and myPM email thing was full of crap with people *****ing about other people!

I deleted my account and restarted again with a different name and will be sure I don`t add `friends`.

that was the long version, the short version is choose your `friends` carefully lol!!!

That's crazy!! You must have accepted requests from some immature people or something.
  • twinketta
    Options

That's crazy!! You must have accepted requests from some immature people or something.

How do you know if they are immature when you accept friend requests? People send them with a lil message or not and you think yep that would be nice to add a friend!
  • twinketta
    Options
    posted twice! by accident

ps have 6 friend requests since I have restarted, which I have not accepted? Cos I doin`t know if I decline will they get a message back.

Am really sorry to the OP and hope you have a great time and find some good buds!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for fellow hunters http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1017-deer-hunters-