help!

Options
hi i am 12 years old and weigh 200.1 pounds. i know yikes! i don't know anyone here but i need some support. so those of you who read this please help me!

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    feel free to add me!!!
  • jrob454960
    jrob454960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What kind of help are you looking for?:flowerforyou:
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    add me too, if you want
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hope you find lots of support here. Do you have support at home?
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) You can do this!!!
  • ashleylynnthompson
    Options
    i do have support at home but its hard to go outside and workout because i live in a neighborhood full of drug addicts and my parents say I'm to young to workout at a gym
  • bmcclafferty
    Options
    Good luck! You can add me.
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i do have support at home but its hard to go outside and workout because i live in a neighborhood full of drug addicts and my parents say I'm to young to workout at a gym

are you involved in any physical fitness activities at school or can you use any of the school facilities to exercise after school? When I was in school, there was a very overweight girl, who partnered with a coach to loose weight and was very successful.
    Also, are your parents supportive in supplying healthy foods? You could also look into some at home fitness videos. they even have ones for walking, which is a good start if you don't get much physical activity at all right now.
  • quitter1973
    quitter1973 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also some schools get involved. Here in KC they actually paid half the cost to send a few kids to a weight management camp. There are resources out there- just gotta find 'em!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the club. I hope you can learn some positive ways to effectively lose weight and eat healthier so that you can maintain a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me to see my diary (at least the good foods, haha), and for support.
  • Eddie274
    Eddie274 Posts: 156
    Options
    I don't know about in the US but if you have a school counsellor you can talk to about your weight and getting some exercise. I know it's hard to exercise in "public" when you're large, (was for me) as I felt so insecure, but I'm sure your school will help you, even if it's an after school group/class. It's worth asking.
  • fedupwithit
    fedupwithit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Glad to help where I can - so add me if you'd like.

There are numerous workout videos, training guides, etc. that provide workouts that do not require a gym or having to go outside in a bad neighborhood. They may require dumb bells, resistance bands, etc. but it is possible to get great workouts without a gym.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi there sweetie! I am a girl scout leader at our school and I have been working with my girls to get fit at home with just the things we have at home.. For instance maybe a hula hoop.. We tried hula hooping .. Its hard a first but tons of fun and lots of work!! We did some sit ups with our feet tucked under the couch... some jumping jacks to some music... Some of the girls have a wii and was playing some of the more active games for at least a 1/2 an hr... We also did 50 leg lifts sitting on a chair and sitting on the floor!!! Good luck and I know you can do it!!!
  • Betteringmyself
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me and I will do what I can to support you I hope that you have support at home in doing this as well.
  • marcusg23
    Options
    Getting on to this site is a good first step, if you'd like to add me you can! Good luck. Keep a positive attitude. It is one of the most important things when starting a program. Not every day is going to go great, but keep looking forward and make sure you are doing this for YOU!
This discussion has been closed.