I just DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

Options
Ok, so i need to talk to someone about this, and you guys are all i have right now, i can't tell my family, cause they never thought i could lose weight in the first place.... So it's just me and you, ok?

So here's the deal, I posted something similar to this a few days ago. The past week or 2, i've been eating like crazy, i don't know what came over me, i'm just out of control. I gained 1.3 kilograms back, or in other words, 3 pounds.. i've lost 24 in all, but now i'm back to 21 POUNDS LOST, I feel so bad and i can't seem to adjust back to the determined person i was. All i see is food, and candy, and Chips, and cookies, and mcdonalds, and Steaks!! I'm so angry at myself!! I GAINED THE WEIGHT I WORKED SO HARD TO BURN OFF!! Please, please, please help me! What can i do to be that person i was 2 weeks ago? The person that stuck to his goal and never missed a workout?! Please help me! I just,,, don't understand what's happening.....

I need help :sad:

Replies

• Hertford86
    Hertford86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you really sure you can't talk to your family? It sounds like you are really in trouble - and that it's something deeper than the weight itself. Your profile says your mum lost weight on MFP so at least she understands a bit. I think you do need help, and more than sympathetic strangers can give you. Unless your family is actually abusive, please talk to them. If it really is a bad situation at home, then is there a teacher, or a friend's parent you can talk to? You're so young, and although you only have one photo, and it's only of your face, you really don't look like someone who should be in a state about losing weight.

I'm sure other mom-types will agree with me - your message makes us worried, and you need an actual real person who can help you look for a proper solution to your problems.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    What you are going through is actually quiet common. People start a diet, lose some weight, starting feeling good about themselves, and then the motivation slips. It's hard, but you just have to push yourself through it. There is no easy answer.

Also, it may just be your appetite catching up with you. The first couple weeks are easy on a low calorie diet, but then you start getting HUNGRY. Make sure you get enough fat and protein in your diet, otherwise you will be very hungry. Steak isn't bad for you, you just shouldn't eat a huge portion!

Try snacking on nuts (only in small portions though, they add up quick), turkey slices, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and other high protein foods between meals to keep you from binging.
  • Lindalovely60
    Lindalovely60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Both of these responses were good, but I have another thought for you. Trying packing your day with vegetables. Tons and tons. You can eat an almost unlimited amount of many different veggies because they are so low in calories. they are good for you and help to fill you up when you have the "munchies".
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I feel like when I start giving in to the junk food, that is what I start craving even MORE—even if it is just one time eating out, it's hard to not think about burgers, ice cream, chips, fries...

BUT it has to stop somewhere, and it takes a huge amount of willpower to just deny yourself that ONE time so you can get back on track. After that one time you deny it, you can get back into it. Because when you start eating clean and healthy, you'll start craving that again, but you have to start somewhere! I know it's super hard.

I heard recently that you have to view these things as a natural occurrence, accept that they happen from time to time and move on. Not beat yourself up about it, because that will lead to emotional eating! Just accept it like a loss on your budget, and muster the courage to eat a healthy lunch instead of what you're craving, and get back on that horse. You can do it!!! We're all in the same boat with you :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You're eating more calories than you're are burning.

Do less.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You know who doesn't understand.....parents.

That said I would cut ALL of the crap out for a week or two. Sounds like you aren't doing so well with moderation. If you cut it out for a week or two it might help you to get back on track.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating ENOUGH during the times that you are sticking with your diet and lose weight. If you aren't eating enough for your body to live off of, you will start having bad cravings. I had that issue as well, ended up seeing a nutritionist, and she explained that my problem was that I was working out too much and not eating enough calories, fat, and carbs. She said my body would fight for what it needed to survive and that's where the cravings and binges come in, and the cravings are usually for carby foods or fatty foods.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anyone who's "never missed a workout." Everyone goes off track in various amounts from time to time. Calm down and move forward making positive choices for yourself - you're still in control of your decisions, even when it doesn't feel much like it, and you can definitely get back on track. Look at the much bigger picture; this is nothin' in the long run of your success :)

PS: As for the unsupportive family - I don't know all the details and I'm not a therapist, but it sounds like that's going to be a long process of dealing with them - coming to terms with them, telling them off, forgiving them, whatever. Meanwhile, make your own positive choices for yourself, eh? Whatever they've said, you can do it and you deserve it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    its a vicious cycle my friend ...... i just had someone ask me today "sup with your diet" i told em i was on the bottom side of the yo-yo today .......seems its a daily battle
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Honestly, take a break. Eat at maintenance for a little while then return to a smaller deficit. It sounds like you've just over stretched your personal ability.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Honestly, take a break. Eat at maintenance for a little while then return to a smaller deficit. It sounds like you've just over stretched your personal ability.

I agree with this.. eat to maintain or just lose half a pound a week. Up your activtiy level. Go look at the recipe forum and try something new like chia seeds or flaxseeds or pumpkin.

And most importantly, just say no to junk food as a hobby. It's expensive, it makes you break out in fat, and slows you down. don't put anything in your mouth that is going to help you get to your goals. Just do it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    You know what? You've posted this several times. Enough already.

You want to be a male model and you eat 600-900 calories a day and you work out. You don't look much older than 14. Many people answered you the first two or three times you posted this exact same post.

You need to eat. Protein, and lots of it. Like about 1800 calories a day, just do it and stop thinking that some stranger on an internet Forum can fix this for you. You're hungry because you are eating 600-900 calories a day. Eat enough and you won't be hungry. No one wants a stick thin male model. You need to eat enough and lift weights to get a model's body.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well, you look super gorgeous in your profile pic!!! And well done you for working so hard the last couple of weeks x

so between me and you, with nobody else checking in on this... sometimes you will have to have a down spot! hey it happens!!! but the good news is....yay wait for it, you can pick yourself up again :-)

The bad news is, only you can do it, if you can not rely on support from the family or friends :-(

But back to the good news, you have the support of MFP and mostly yourself, cos you are so cute that you can only make yourself better by keep working hard to get where you want to be...

believe in yourself and get back with the exercise...you CAN do it!!!
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat less and exercise more. I'm here for ya bra.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you look about 12. Maybe 13, but that's really pushing the 11 that you look to me.
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anyone who's "never missed a workout." Everyone goes off track in various amounts from time to time. Calm down and move forward making positive choices for yourself - you're still in control of your decisions, even when it doesn't feel much like it, and you can definitely get back on track. Look at the much bigger picture; this is nothin' in the long run of your success :)

PS: As for the unsupportive family - I don't know all the details and I'm not a therapist, but it sounds like that's going to be a long process of dealing with them - coming to terms with them, telling them off, forgiving them, whatever. Meanwhile, make your own positive choices for yourself, eh? Whatever they've said, you can do it and you deserve it.

This. A huge part of dieting (and life in general) is falling down and getting up again. Repeat as needed. As long as you get up, it doesn't matter how often you fall down.
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    Eat less and exercise more. I'm here for ya bra.

Dude! How are you posting? I just DON'T UNDERSTAND!
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    You know what? You've posted this several times. Enough already.

You want to be a male model and you eat 600-900 calories a day and you work out. You don't look much older than 14. Many people answered you the first two or three times you posted this exact same post.

You need to eat. Protein, and lots of it. Like about 1800 calories a day, just do it and stop thinking that some stranger on an internet Forum can fix this for you. You're hungry because you are eating 600-900 calories a day. Eat enough and you won't be hungry. No one wants a stick thin male model. You need to eat enough and lift weights to get a model's body.
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^ Cannot be repeated enough!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh at the moment?
  • renatte68
    Options
    Is it possible they believe you don't need to lose weight?