First 5K

Options
I finished my first 5K over the weekend. TIme was 39:07. I had NEVER ran 3 miles at one time before so I was pretty glad that I was able to do it without stopping to walk, Doing another October 27 and shooting for 35:00 even.

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for all the responses
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also recently completed a 5K and was super excited and proud. You should be too. Don't let the lack of responses take away the joy of your accomplishment. Great Job!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! First of many to come, I hope! Good luck!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! I plan to do my first one in the spring :)
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! i am planning to do my first one in November
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Well done! I won't share the time on my first 5K but my only saving grace was that it was 2 months post knee surgery!
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    My first official one is this coming Saturday. I have an injury that I am dealing with, but I'm going to do it. I'm awful nervous. Aside from crossing the finish - my question is what was the best part for you?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Yay you! I love races, I may not win anything but it keeps me motivated to keep training! I will be trying a 10k for the first time in November, well not trying...DOING! Anyway, congrats and keep up the hard work!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    My first official one is this coming Saturday. I have an injury that I am dealing with, but I'm going to do it. I'm awful nervous. Aside from crossing the finish - my question is what was the best part for you?

I guess knowing that the money went to a good cause. I also finished ahead of some people that looked like they were in way better shape than I was. Don't be nervous, everyone was just there to have a good time and hang out really. Not a lot of pressure. If you come in 1st or last there is nothing riding on it so who cares. I just use my first time as a goal to beat next time.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Congrats! I also recently completed a 5K and was super excited and proud. You should be too. Don't let the lack of responses take away the joy of your accomplishment. Great Job!

I wasn't, I was just bored and wanted the thread to get some action, haha.
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also finished ahead of some people that looked like they were in way better shape than I was.

Don't be fooled by a trim appearance, it takes proper training to run.

Which you apparently have in spades.

Way to go!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I also finished ahead of some people that looked like they were in way better shape than I was.

Don't be fooled by a trim appearance, it takes proper training to run.

Which you apparently have in spades.

Way to go!

I am def not built for endurrnace, I am 6'11" and 275ish, I just have will power and told myself I was going to keep pace the entire time and not stop and I did that. 39:06 isn't fast by any means but I plan to improve that each time.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Running is hard work.
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, going to run my first 5k in November!
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My first 5k is Saturday! SO nervous! EEK! :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. If you ran the whole time then that's really good. Just keep working on improving your time. I'm sure you can do the next one faster. Best of luck.

I've actually only done one before and that was years ago. I'm signed up for one at the end of this month. Should be fun.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Congratulations. If you ran the whole time then that's really good. Just keep working on improving your time. I'm sure you can do the next one faster. Best of luck.

I've actually only done one before and that was years ago. I'm signed up for one at the end of this month. Should be fun.

I didn't walk at all but I wouldn't call it running either. Haha
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

I didn't walk at all but I wouldn't call it running either. Haha

If it ain't walking it's running speeds vary! If you watch marathoners they don't run as fast as sprinters or 5k and 10k runners but they are still running! Runners world just ran an article about this too LOL
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great Job and GREAT time for your first 5k!!!!