26 yrs mom "Truly trying" to lose 80 lbs via Ideal Protein!

Options
Hi,
my name is Alisha, i have 2 daughters. 7 & 4. I have always had an overweight/obesity issue. After my second daughter it became almost impossible for me to even lose a single lb.

I tried a lot of diets and exercises but all in vain! About 3 weeks ago i found out about Ideal protein diet, which i desperately joined with the hopes of successfully losing the massive stubborn weight wrapped around me for as long as i can remember. gets

I started at my heaviest, 220 lbs & So far on the diet i lost 9 lbs. Yes it is difficult at times with the less calorie intake and sacrificing the foods that the whole family is eating while i am chewing on a protein bar or a protein shake! But Hey I am committed to getting rid of the lumps of fat that have been haunting me for a very long time!

I would like to get to know people who are in my situation and specially who are or were successful at Ideal protein diet :) anything to motivate me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Echofroe
    Echofroe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I have been successful with the IP program and I think you are going to love your results! If you ever need advise or have any questions, feel free to contact me:) How long have you been on the program? Three weeks?

Kristi
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My sister in law lost 50lbs using Ideal Protein and is a huge advocate for it. I'm going to a seminar about it on Thursday night because I am considering doing it to drop my last 30lbs. I've been struggling with a 2 1/2 month plateau. Even though I am already eating high protein according to my food wheel, I think the set meals and plan will maybe help me. Good luck on your journey!! =)
  • CanadianPanda
    Options
    Let me know I'm thinkning about it myself
  • Lmullaney79
    Lmullaney79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what "ideal protein" is but I went to a dietician about 6 mths ago and we reset myfitnesspal to 25% protein/ 35% fat/ 40% carb, which is a "high protein" diet and it's been working well. I think any diet that is severly low carb is bound to fail in the end, bc we need carbs for energy or else our body burns muscle.
  • ktakao
    ktakao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds on the Ideal Protein diet. I am joining this site to help track my intake so that I can maintain. I'm a strong believer in this program! It's a totally workable successful weight loss option. Good luck!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    What do you mean when you say other diets didn't work? You did everything you were supposed to do but didn't lose weight? OR you lost interest and abandoned the attempt?
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did it three years ago. I lost 40 lbs in 9 months. It works. It takes you from eating their food to learning how to eat food from the grocery store the healthy way. Then one day I ate a Christmas cookie and another and well I got addicted to sugar again and started a downward fall of not eating healthy and not exercising and I gained 34 lbs back. Found MFP this August and got my notes back out from IP. I didn't want to spend money on IP again so I just started eating healthy and read all the info IP had given me for encouragement again. So far I have lost 14 lbs. I swear this is the last time I struggle with my weight. I promise to eat healthy and excerise.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the Ideal protein diet sounds like something I want to look into.
  • fourstubbs
    fourstubbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sassafrascas, you should look into it. It is the only diet that is working for me. I've lost 27 pounds in 10 weeks. It is a restricted diet but when you get into ketosis, you won't be hungry... :)
  • doggeddetermination
    Options
    I am thinking about this program to lose about 30 pounds and am planning to attend an information session soon. Cost is a huge factor for me. Might someone be able to give me at least an idea of what this program costs? Thank you to anyone who has time to help.