Need some help getting started

Options
I know the basics. Watch calories in and calories out. I have success with this....

... but once I start seeing results, I quit. Does anybody else face this? Why do I stop?

Replies

• lisaf222
    Options
    Yes...I do this....drives me nuts.

I am about to embark on everything again - this time last week I was in the perfect mindset - doing amazingly well - stoked with my weigh in and then everything went to crap and ive been bingeing on chocolate all week....so frustrating!

I would love some tips too!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maecp61Pdx1qke924o1_500.png
  • 182104me
    Options
    I am hoping that these groups will help motivate me. I am competitive and up for a challenge. It is also nice to have someone to be accountable to.
  • aboldnewcolor
    Options
    But why stop, you know?
  • jilllemar
    Options
    Yup been there over and over and over again.

This time I got a personal trainer. I've never lost weight so slowly, but I've never stuck with it for this long. I am enjoying it. And I also know I would be done if I didn't have to see her every Monday night. I am just weak with will power and emotional eating. If I didn't meet with her once a week to kick my mindset right I know I would be done. Or I get random emails from her with links for healthy stuff and am it just reminds me to make good choices.

Some of us just can't do it on willpower alone.
  • Victorian131
    Options
    I get this all the time. I have been doing it on and off for about 2 years now, Ill get to around 5-10lbs off my goal weight and find some excuse to stop. I am a terrible emotional eater and Im lazy so as soon as anything gets the tiniest bit hard my carb addiction takes over. Last year I stuck with it for around 2/3 months which I think is my longest time, I managed to lose just over 20lbs so I know I can do it, there just always seems to be a reason to stop taking it as seriously.
    I definitely feel your pain!