To all the moms out there- Great read

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
A friend of mine posted this on FB. It is a great read for some of us that forget how amazing we are. Fat, Skinny, Tall, Short, Black,White, Purple...etc- we are all moms. I was upset that I was going to Disney still "fat" but after reading this- Who cares ! I am going with my family. My boys- I want us to remember this trip no matter my shape.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

Enjoy !

Replies

• Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks for sharing!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I definitely needed to read that and wish that I had read it a few years ago.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. It brougth tears to my eyes and an ache to my heart as I realized that she is me. I am always the one taking pictures, rarely in them. In doing so, if I were to leave my childrens lives tomorrow i would have erased myself from their lives as they are so young that they wouldn't have much memory of me. What a wake-up call.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Great article. Now if my husband can take half decent pictures.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Wow, I appreciate the time people take to share great stories. This story was absolutely touching..I'm in tears (I'm such a big baby) but this article is so on point! Thanks for sharing!
  • batgirlsusu
    batgirlsusu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I read that today!! It was awesome and should be a reminder to us Mom's to do it not just for ourselves but for the kids too. wish i had someone to take more pics of me and my kid. it's hard when you're a single parent.....BUT my daughter and i take A LOT of potatoe head pics together and really...that's ok with me because i also carry all of our trips and memories in my heart and i hope she will too.

I still remember all my mom's little nuances....long fingers and self-manicured nails, chubby cheeks, full hips, always smelled good.....and that was my MOM. i never compared her to the models or anyone....mom was mom. beautiful in all her womanliness and still is.
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing - I too sat here and was tearful....beautifully written, but also made me think of how very few pictures there are of me (now 55) with my wonderful daughters - yes, I always had the camera in my hand - They are now 27 and 29 and I have 2 grand babies - and again it is I with the camera.....guess i better shove that camera into hubby's hand soon.....it was lovely.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Love this. I have been guilty in the past, but now I make a point of taking a picture with each child on his/her birthday.