What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• roni87
    roni87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I PUT A PAIR OF PANTS ON TODAY THAT WERE WAY TO TIGHT ON ME LAST WINTER AND TODAY THEY ARE BIG!!! ITS A GREAT FEELING!
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    my nsv today.. the sleeves of my blouse (which was ohh so tight on me last month) are loose around my arms !!
    I dont have to wiggle around to put it on :)
  • mgreen7547
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I had a dress picked out that I was going to wear. I started this journey at about a 16 in dress size (18 in pants and fitted dresses) and this dress is a fairly forgiving 12 (A line so it doesn't hug my hips too tight), so I was really happy to fit into it when I tried it on last week. I haven't worn this dress in 5 years so yay me! Last night I was trying on old clothes to see where I was and I looked at a different dress that was hanging in the back of my closet and though maybe...

Let me just break down how big this is for me. I've owned this dress for 5.5 years and have NEVER been able to wear it. It is a form-fitting 10 and I bought it at the same time I bought the 12 I mentioned earlier. It didn't fit me at the time but it was so beautiful and of course I was going to lose the weight then so why not, right? Wrong. I never lost the weight. I've been looking at that dress in my closet for over half a DECADE, people, and I've never been able to wear it. So last night I pulled it on to see if I might be able to get into it by December for a holiday ball and that sucker zipped right up, y'all! No spankx; no kidding! It pulls a tiny bit around my rear and the boning isn't the most comfortable when I sit, but dangit, I look AWESOME in that dress!!!

And then I proceeded to wear it around the house for 3 hours just because I could. :)

LOVED reading this! I have several things like that at the back of my closet that I'm SO ready to wear! Good for you!!!
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is the first day the weather has turned a bit cold and I have nothing that fits me from last winter. I grabbed a skirt I bought a couple months ago and now that is loose too!
    Another thing I notice today, which is kind of weird.. I work at a pretty large corporation and we have lots of looong hallways that I travel down quite a bit during the course of the day. Today I noticed that I was always getting stuck behind someone that was walking soooo slow! Then I realized that previously, I was the one that everyone was passing because I was moving so slow. When I get up from my desk and walk now, I love to move fast and I can now that I am not dragging 60 extra pounds with me!
  • Pigpug100
    Options
    I got the results from my much dreaded physical today. My Cholesterol levels are significantly reduced and I don't need cholesterol lowering meds! Yeah!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Noticed in my red dress pants that my thighs are actually getting smaller!! Mentioned this to my husband and he said "yes, I've noticed...haven't you". To tell you the truth....not really!!
  • fswong
    fswong Posts: 10
    Options
    Very small NSV today...avoiding girl guide cookies in the work kitchen :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My size 14 (UK) trousers are pretty darn loose.:laugh:
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    Wearing a pair of pants on me that I bought a few weeks ago were snug but fit ok...today I put them on and buttoned and slid on with ease. They look great and they are a size 14......I am down from a 22.

I still have a long way to go but it's nice to at least be here!

One Day At A Time!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Liking my upper arms for the first time in my life, I am the fittest I have ever been, I love to exercise (that is a huge one), put the scale away but once a month, I can run many miles without stopping, I no longer quit when things get hard, Starting to like myself in the body I was born into :). I like this thread!! Thanks, it is nice to be reminded of the good that is coming out of this journey instead of all the struggles.

Maybe you could change your name to Weight winner!!!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't feel as bloated today as I did yesterday :happy:
  • AnnMombourquette
    Options
    My NSV today is realizing when I was walking a quick sprint mile on my break that I wasn't winded. I started walking at the beginning of August and do to the same thing would have me winded and sweating. Loving the fact my body is starting to cooperate. :happy:
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    In June, I bought a couple of new suits, jacket size of 52. Those suits are fairly loose now. I went in to my local tailor to pick up a tux yesterday, and the jacket size is 48!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Co-worker just told me "You've lost so much weight!"

Also wearing new size 10 slacks and size medium fitted crewneck sweater - I never would have worn this outfit 10 weeks ago! Even in my old larger size it would have been unflattering.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I was able to get up and have enough time before work to get in 2 miles on the treadmill. Makes for such an awesome day..and the calorie burn this morning was GREAT
  • tbspoon09
    Options
    My shorts that were fit but were very snug over the summer are now way too big to even wear! I had to keep pulling them up the other day when I wore a pair and then yesterday I comfortably wore a pair of khaki shorts that I haven't been able to wear before!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    just being able to workout gain, I've dealing with some back problems for a few weeks..
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    well my BIG one is that I went for a mammogram the other day and they called me back in. I went and the doc said it looks okay and not to worry. They are having me come back in 6 months to be sure, but I can relax.

but besides that, I just walked down to my mail box. We have a LONG steep driveway and I used to have to stop at least once on my walk back up. Today I walked up at a fast pace, without stopping.

That's fabulous news! Very happy for you!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ok please don't laugh...My side door on my van was stuck, Like not going to open at all. Now it does this periodically when the weather gets cold, don't know why. I needed to ge into the back to clean out my paper route mess and Could not open the door. A year ago i would have ran inside to grab one of my teenagers, (skinny little tall things grrrr) and made them do it cause I wouldn't fit between the gaps in the front seats.

Not this time! i was able to get theu easily I might add an clean my own mess up!

Woo hoo....
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Balancing with one foot on the flat side of the Bosu Ball.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!