Vegan Pumpkin Bread

Options
Maymichelle
Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
Made this recipe last week & thought I would share because it was super yummy & tis the season for pumpkin

Pumpkin Bread
14oz can unsweetened pumpkin puree
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup applesauce
3 TBS ground flax seed/9 TBS warm water
3 cups flour (I used gluten free)
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil two, 9 inch loaf pans. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, oil, applesauce, egg replacer (flax seed) and pumpkin.
(The egg replacer is made by whisking together the 3 TBS of ground flax seed and water until the gooey/thick consistency of an egg)
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir gently into the pumpkin until it's just mixed. Spoon the dough evenly into the two loaf pans.
Bake for 55-60 mins of until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 2 loafs.

Replies

• newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Holy sugar. :frown:
  • newhabit
    Options
    do you think i could use pumpkin pie spice instead? i was trying to figure out what i had to make this over the weekend.
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    do you think i could use pumpkin pie spice instead? i was trying to figure out what i had to make this over the weekend.

I'm sure you could!!
  • newhabit
    Options

I'm sure you could!!

i was thinking of getting cheesecake after my run saturday... but maybe i will whip some of this up too. that way i have options. :) will have to get the ingredients maybe on friday night.