Need help on some recipes for Butternut Squash

Options
1jeannette9
1jeannette9 Posts: 42 Member
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any good and healthy recipes for Butternut squash. I bought one for the first time and its been in my fridge for 2weeks cause I dont know what to do with it..THX!!:smile:

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My fav is to cut it in half put it in the oven till you can shred it with your fork and then either use it as pasta, so put tomato sauce w/ chicken/etc with it.
    Or just plain and simple but still a goodie just salt and pepper to taste.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Cajun Squash Your Waistline Fries

From THE BIGGEST LOSER Cookbook

Minutes to Prepare: 15Minutes to Cook: 25Number of Servings: 2

Ingredients
    1 large Butternut Squash
    1 teaspoon Olive Oil
    2 teaspoon Paprika
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
    1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon Salt

Directions
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Carefully cut both ends off the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the rind from the squash until you've peeled away the pale orange outside layer. Discard the rind. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. With a large spoon, scrape out the seeds and discard them. Cut about 1 pound (about 4 cups) of 4" x 1/2" sticks. (Refrigerate the remaining squash for another recipe.)

Place the squash sticks in a medium mixing bowl. Add the oil and all the spices. Toss to coat. Transfer the squash to a baking sheet so the sticks are in a single layer and do not touch.

Bake, turning the squash about every 5 minutes, for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the outsides are crisp and the insides are tender when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.

Hubs LOVES this recipe when I do make it. I get lazy and don't turn the fries quite as frequently, but when HE makes them, he follows the directions to the letter. lol ;)
  • AWSnider53
    AWSnider53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Half the squash and remove the seeds and pulp. Put the two halves together (or cover the two halves) and bake for 40 minutes at 350. Saute onions, red bell peppers, celery, and smoked turkey in olive oil or grapeseed oil. Stuff the squash and bake for another 20 minutes or until tender. Then slice and serve.
  • 1jeannette9
    1jeannette9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Great recipes here!

I love to slice in half lengthwise, put some canola land o' lakes butter on it , cinnamon, wrap in foil and bake. It's sweet, but not too sweet.

There's a great recipe similar to the fries recipe, which looks amazing! , the variation is add rosemary, pepper and a little bit of parmesan. :)