46 and determined to fight the belly fat myth!

Options

Replies

• im 47, of course we can do it!:wink:
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am in! Turning 43 in a few months. Have had 2 c-sections, and two other abdominal surgeries within 2 months of each other and needless to say my abdomen needs help. Down 34 pounds and little by little widdling the middle.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I'm trying so hard to lose my belly. I've lost a lot so far, but it seems to be mostly coming from my hips and thighs. It doesn't help that I had a hysterectomy in April and I think that messed up my belly even more and threw me into menopause.

But, I'm VERY determined to lose the excess weight and get healthy. It might always be a trouble spot, but I want it to look as good as possible. :smile:
  • mskidy
    mskidy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I am super proud of you and your determination. I just started on here but I already love it. Good luck!
  • Paulette0706
    Paulette0706 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    45 on Sunday and hoping to finally achieve my weight loss goal by the end of the year, which includes loosing the spongy belly! I'm with you and good luck on your mission
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have lost 40 lbs. since Christmas 2010. Belly fat is almost gone, but I still have some extra skin to firm up before I'll be totally satisfied. Sending friend request. All of you can feel free to send me one as well. I'll be sticking around for maintenance since I have yo-yo'd before.
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've had belly fat since my early 20's and I had given up on ever losing it. I've been working my butt off the last few months to change that. Getting close to 40 so I want to do it to prove to myself I could! Anyone here can feel free to add me!
  • dquiglette
    Options
    Good luck! I gave up my social drinking for 4 weeks now, its hard, but worth it! Plus its a good check to make sure Im not addicted after a fun summer LOL. You can do it! You already ahead of others with putting exercise, and healthy diet in the mix!
  • jennaboooo1
    jennaboooo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I have recently reached my goal weight and all that is left is a little flab in my midsection not because of age but because of genetics. I am determined to replace the flab with muscle no matter what it takes! Good luck to you, I hope you reach your goal!
  • beths53
    beths53 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm with you - I turn 50 next year and I am determined to not be "that person". My weight is causing all kinds of issues with my body and i am so tired of hurting!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I am 49, post cancer, post menopausal (thank you chemo) and 2 1/2 yrs in on Tamoxifen. Doc says Tamoxifen makes weight loss very difficult. I'm out to prove him wrong. Cancer took a year of my life. It can't have any more. I'm going to be in the best shape of my life by my 50th birthday. Failure is not an option.
  • hedge01
    hedge01 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am also 42 heading toward 43. I am determined to make next years birthday much different than this years. Friend request sent.
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I too have had 4 kids, three of them born in my 30s and I'm determined to get the fat off. I will be 40 next September and would like to give myself the gift of a trim, healthy body. I homeschool our kids and spend much of my day in and around the kitchen. I'm learning to not pop food into my mouth all day, just because it's there and looks good. :smile:
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and working on the same goal. I play ice hockey so my legs and arms are toned and strong, but the belly fat really had me struggling to come up with a solution. I'm with you, I've only lost 6lbs to date, but already I'm feeling the difference and buttoning my pants with glee! I've cut out a lot of fat, but struggle with the sugars I consume (I don't eat a ton of sweets but this program has shown me how much sugar is in other things!) and I'm keeping my sodium in check.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    46 too, and probably in the best shape of my life, while continuing to work at it and lose weight I gained well before ever seeing 40. So, good luck to you (and me) and everyone else refusing to settle.
    Woot!!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it and determined to get rid of this horrid belly fat, knee fat, arm fat and all the unnecessary fat on my body. Menopausal or not, I believe with all my heart it can be done and I'm going to do it. All the best to everyone on this journey.
  • Spier130
    Spier130 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am starting in the morning to get rid of this belly fat. A little about me I am 44 yo I have an almost 15 yo and a 10 yo. My husband and I have been together 25 years in Nov. My small goal is to get 10 lbs off before our anniversary. Ultimate goal 130lbs

Ttyl
    Spier
  • stshelleyb
    Options
    Don't ever give up the wine - we fabulous forty-somethings need it! Read the book "Wheat Belly" and give up the bread/flour instead. It's worked wonders for me. 3 pounds to go!:smile:
  • colcol6
    colcol6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    45 here and weight had never been an issue before 40. Well in these last 5 years I have gained almost 40 lbs. I have a goal to lose 30 lbs in total and have just started the journey. I too have given up alcohol, useless calories :-) I have the right food, which I always had but it seemed eating out was easier, and easing into the exercise. To add to my motivation made a $500 bet with a girlfriend and I do not intend to lose!

Good luck all
  • meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at goal, but working on upping calories and easing into maintenance. I am disappointed in my waist measurements and have some lose skin, plus I need to build more muscle to help maintenance, so I am in!

My goal is 30DS and/or 6W6P at least three times a week in addition to my horseback riding. Eat more protein and less carbs & sugars.

To the OP, it gets tougher every year (I'm 51 now). I'm 5'4" in case anyone is looking for similar stats/goals/peeps.