Why isnt it working

Options
I am strength training and I am doing alot of cardio and I am following my diet but it doesnt seem to help!!! I am getting discoraged!!! I go to the gym 6 days a week!!!

Replies

• bigdogmp
    bigdogmp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey try sensa i have lost 25lbs already try it
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? You might just need to switch it up a little bit... Either way keep up working out and eating right.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    And if you're strength training you'll be putting on muscle. And muscle really does weigh more than fat. You may want to try taking measurements too, you'll see results that way for sure if you're hitting the gym that hard and are keeping to your calories.

Keep positive, your body can be in shock too and not wanting to let go of its survival fat (that's not a technical term, but i gave it a name) lol. :tongue:
  • irishangel18622
    Options
    hmm so masure myself... I never thought of that what areas do I measure? I want to go in the military so I am also pushing myself
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Can you give some more details? How many calories are you taking in per day and how many calories are you burning when you work out? How long have you been working at it?
  • jessicayoung82
    Options
    I always measure my waist, thighs, arms and hips. I have been at goal weight for over 6 months, but still measure at least every other week. While the scale is where I want it, some measurements are not. But they are getting close.
  • robincabaltica
    Options
    Military is (if you were wondering) is neck, waist and hips (under the adams apple, smallest part of waist and biggest part of hips) Those are all that I measure... Also maybe upping your water intake...just a thought
  • irishangel18622
    Options
    I have been taking in 1200 calories and I have been burning like 230 to 400 calories when I work and I have been at it for two and a half weeks my trainner told me I would lose two pounds a week havent seen it
  • lavram
    lavram Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you brought that up, I'm experiencing something similar. I go to the gym as follow: strength training with weights 50-60 minute sessions twice a week and cardio 50-60 minutes 3 times a week. I change up the cardio but the strength training is pretty much the same each week. I can't see much change in my weight. Let me know if you find an answer.
  • jessicayoung82
    Options
    I never thought I would like it, but for your cardio workouts, try group classes... At least for me, I push myself a lot harder!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I have been taking in 1200 calories and I have been burning like 230 to 400 calories when I work and I have been at it for two and a half weeks my trainner told me I would lose two pounds a week havent seen it

eat more
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

eat more

words of wisdom.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    516240-PVVDLGQ.jpg
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    eat more

^^^^^ THIS!!!
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options

eat more

^^^THIS. Your eating way too little for as much as your working out. Read this!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7965-in-place-of-a-road-map
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Laureegi
    Laureegi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As others have already said, you're probably not eating 'enough'. I remember a nutritionist telling me that you will lose more weight and lose it more regularly if you eat small amounts more often throughout the day. She said and I quote: "just as you need to put fuel in your car's gas tank, you need to replenish your body with sustenance throughout the day for it to keep burning the fat, just as the car burns the fuel". I have always remembered that but sometimes forget to employ it in my daily food intake. Don't give up, but do eat more.
  • Connieann40
    Connieann40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing cross fit 5 days a week, eating right and I also am not seeing any weight loss so I measure myself on a weekly basis and I am seeing the loss in inches but not the weight. so keep on doing what you are doing the scales will start tipping in your favor
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sensa doesn't help you lose weight it helps you eat less. If the OP is exercising then she needs the calories.

I'd recommend switching up your routine, try something completely different. You mentioned talking to a trainer. What do they say about your stall?