Starting from Scratch

Options
Hi all. I'm very new here and still trying to get into the calorie counting mind set. I'm an American but living in the UK for nearly seven years now, and in those seven years I've somehow managed to put on about 70 or 75 pounds! I've always had weight issues but managed to lose about 100 pounds when I was in my 20s and kept them off for a good 10 years.... So here I am again and determined to keep them off for good this time as I'm absolutely miserable at this weight and feeling like it's having a really negative impact on absolutely everything from my self-confidence to my willingness to try new things....

I'm really glad to have found this site and have synched it with my Iphone as well so that I'm never far away.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so my issues are portion control and my nightly glass (or two) of wine! Oh and my ability to find any number of excuses to skip the gym after work!!

Looking forward to getting to know people!

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    WELCOME Anniee and the best of luck ~ we CAN do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • thecowgirl72
    thecowgirl72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty much at the point where you are. Self-confidence and self-motiivation. I think these are two key qualities for success.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Stacey
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Congratulations on your fresh start! Your motivation and will power will help you get there again, stay consistent and check in with us a lot! I love reading people's progress :):flowerforyou:
  • startfromscratch
    Options
    Good Luck to you, AnnieeR!
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! :smile: and Good Luck!!! :smile:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I can totally relate! Portion control, the neverending list of excuses not to get exercise and oh the wine, how I love the wine....oh wait, what was I saying? You can do it. As I exercise I find myself more hungry, but reaching for good foods. And at the end of the day when I want a snack but only have a few calories left I opt for the food and not the wine. Over the weekend I chose to workout really really hard so I could have 2 glasses that night. It was worth it and felt like a treat.

With that said, you are going to meet some really great people on here and have so much support that you will realize you absolutely can do this!