Newbie!

Options
Hi All!

I'm Gary from Essex, England and i thought i would come in and say hi. I started on MFP on Monday this week with a goal of losing around 25-30 pounds to get to my "ideal" weight and so far so good! In a strange way i am finding it quite fun taking note of everything i eat and drink and searching for low calorie foods.

I have had a good read through this forum and everyone seems very friendly and supportive. I have read a lot of the success stories and they are great motivation for me.

So anyway this is just me saying hi!

Gary

x

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP IT'S A GREAT SITE AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE WHO KEEP YOU MOITVATED.
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    welcome :)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) The best of luck to you Gary!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Welcome!!

Best of luck with reaching your goal, we're a supportive bunch here so you should be ok! :bigsmile:

Stacey
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Well wishes to you on your weight loss journey. Stay consistent, and with that your motivation and will power will get you to the finish line! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hey, another dude. Hi Gary,,, it's a bit of a hen party around here, but a few guys are here.

Here's my welcome aboard post:

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost about 130 pounds between us, and we're in much better shape.""

Piece of cake, you can do it.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hi Gary! Glad you've joined us! MFP will change your life! We are all here if you need support!
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :smile: and Good Luck Gary!!! :smile:
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!!! :)
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome to a great site!! Good luck on your journey!!:flowerforyou: