breakfast

Options
does breakfast actually have to be a full on bowl of cereal to get ur metablosim going or can it be anything ??

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    People who eat protein for breakfast eat less later in the day.

Protein decreases appetite and
    Whole grains take a long time to digest, keeping you feeling fuller longer.

Eat both for the best breakfast results!
  • sharnie_007
    Options
    ok so say for example i wanted a can of tuna for breakfast ? would that be ok ... not that i think i could eat tuna in the morning ... could you possibly give me some breakfast protein ideas .. i sound silly butim skipping breakfast at the moment which i know is not good cos i dont knwo what i can eat ! xx
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I eat a '"parfait" of organic fat free vanilla yogurt, some kind of granola type cereal, topped with any berry or chopped fruit. 6oz yogurt topped with 1/2 cup post blueberry morning cereal and a chopped peach is what I had this morning and it was delicious filling and 260 calories. The yogurt has 9 grams of protein.
  • eaglebob
    Options
    I eat 4 egg whites, and a slice of Nation's Pride Stone Ground Honey Whole Wheat with some oatmeal for breakfast, and keeps me filled.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    tuna isnt a bad idea for protein. Use some celery for some fiber. I started doing the GNC Soy Choc protein shakes in the morning. They are tasty and are only 130 calories. They have 25 grams of protein in them and make me feel full. If I am hungry in the evening, I do another one and that seem to do the trick.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Protein options:
    Peanut butter (or any nut butter), Yogurt, cottage cheese, Eggs, or egg whites, milk, ham, turkey bacon, etc.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    yes tuna would work

whole grains:
    oatmeal, whole grain cereal, whole grain english muffin, whole grain tortilla
    lean protein:
    egg whites, nuts, peanut butter, fish, chicken

Just pick one from each column and combine! :-)
    Oatmeal with walnuts or peanut butter is one good choice.
    Whole grain english muffin with egg whites is also good.
  • bnk11
    bnk11 Posts: 4
    Options
    It can be anything. But I suggest something with Vitamin C so u can go on with ur day. Good Luck!:happy:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Best breakfasts for me: these are around 300 to 500 cals but oh, they are great!

Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain (2 slices) w/ Smart Balance (1 tbsp) Mayo & 1/4 cup Egg Starts (makes a fantabulous egg sandwich)

Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon & Raisin (2 slices) w/ Land O Lakes REAL BUTTER (oh, yeah, I said that!! - 1 tsp), 1/4 cup Egg Starts on the side

1/2 cup Brown Rice w/ 1/4 cup Egg Starts on top (love this one - keeps me full for a LONG time)

Bowl of REAL oatmeal with Eggs Starts

Bowl of Quinoa with Egg Starts

Sometimes...I even have some GRITS! (I'm southern - I have to have the occasional bowl of Grits) with egg starts

Basically I top everything with 1/4 cup Egg Starts so that I can get my protein in. I used to eat cerel but found that I couldn't really get my protein in that way. It didn't keep me full long enough. It just wasn't doing it for me! I try to eat "well balanced" meals & snacks - in other words I get in my protein & carbs at all meals.

Oh yeah, you can always have fresh fruit & cottage cheese.

HTH
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I'm not sure if you were looking for suggestions as to what to eat or not? I guess you got some anyway. :laugh:

The answer is yes, it can be anything. It's just basically waking your metabolism up to start processing the nutrients, whether those are good ones or not. Hope that helps.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    Personally, I make a huge pot of soup every Sunday and split it up for my breakfast :) it has lots of veggies, lean meat and fiber to keep me full until snack time and it's easy to grab out of the fridge and eat when I get to work and microwave it. I hate cereal! Best of luck!:happy:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Very good and very filling breakfast is a pancake made with a half cup of fat-free cottage cheese, a half cup of oats, and a quarter cup of egg whites. Will stick with you for hours, for about 300 calories, depending on what (if anything) you top it with.

I also make egg white omelets, with spinach, turkey, and tomatoes. Sometimes cheese, too, depending on my mood.