not so far to go

Options
I am a 36 year old woman who got sick with a muscle wasting disease in 2003. In 2007 after numerous surgeries I came down with shingles. Due to being on such a high dose of steroids and unable to be active I ballooned to 318lbs. I couldnt get help dropping the weight medically because the disease had affected my heart. In 2008 my first husband of 10years left me for that younger skinnier model. I had just about given up. After my 16th leg surgery I moved myself and my 2 youngest children into my brothers home. And what a life saver he was. He motivated me to move. It started out with a simple 10 minute walk, ( which would lay me out) but within a couple months I was walking 1-2 miles a day and before 6 months passed I was walking no less than 6 miles up to 18 miles in a day. I wasnt fast, I wasnt strong, But I just kept moving. It took me less than a year to lose my first 100lbs. Then, surgery 17 and 18 happened on my legs less than 3 months apart. I lost my motivation and to be honest already felt pretty good about myself, and I quit moving. I quit taking those walks. I gained about 10 pounds back. Now in 2010 at approx 230lbs I met my new husband (just married in July) Who thinks that I was and am beautiful just the way I am. All of a sudden I felt that spark again, it was like a light that had been put out in me was burning again. I dont want to be some tiny model body. That is just not a goal I aim for. But I remember being thinner and active (I used to run and work out at the gym 5 days a week), prior to 2003. But here I am, Now back below 200lbs and more excited everyday. Please dont give up. There are so many things that life may throw at you and some things that you throw at yourself but YOU ARE ALWAYS WORTH IT.

t7ep1l.jpg

me at my heaviest

11ka6io.png

On my wedding day July 2012

30u8cqc.jpg

Now

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great job! And such an inspiring story!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    thank you for your honesty - it is very inspring, as is your success
  • at206155
    at206155 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    fab work!

I got married dec 2011 and your wedding dress is like mine!!!
  • ledatic
    Options
    wow...ur all gud and it was amazing.. I am new in this site...i just wanted to know what exactly diet u"ve been taking..I am 5"2", ,weighing 76.3 right now...and have 38 inches of my waist...how will i loose in just 2months..
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!! Way to go, you are amazing!!!
  • susie769
    Options
    wow...ur all gud and it was amazing.. I am new in this site...i just wanted to know what exactly diet u"ve been taking..I am 5"2", ,weighing 76.3 right now...and have 38 inches of my waist...how will i loose in just 2months..

Really I just walked and really cut down my calories to 1200 a day...There were days though that I walked up to a total of 5 hours...I just kept moving
  • susie769
    Options
    fab work!

I got married dec 2011 and your wedding dress is like mine!!!

I absolutely loved that dress!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WTG! Happy is a great place to be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!