Fav Food Swaps! (that taste just like the real thing!)

Options
Favorite food swaps? Ok peeps! Let's hear em', I love....

Gold Peak Diet Ice Tea: taste just like real southern sweet tea! (0 cals)

Special K pastry crips: unfrosted pop tart! (100 cals)

Perdue Simply smart bread chicken: Just like regular chicken tenders! (140/3oz cals)

Replies

• charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love those pastry crips too. I buy a lot of 100 calorie snacks, makes it easier for portions. I swapped Greek yogurt in recipes and especially for sour cream. I only drink coke 0 now, no reg soda. I like skinny girl margaritas. Joseph's flax seed flat wraps are 50 cals, and yum for lunch wraps. I also rarely use reg bread now, buy those sand thin buns for burgers, etc. 100 cal. I now use egg beaters instead of eggs, way less cals. Great value has cooked bacon that are 20 cals a strip. They are thin, but taste good. Also great values sugar free nice cream sandwiches 100 cals, full size and taste like the real deal.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and cones are AMAZING and usually 150 cals, about 3g fat. I haven't tried the pints of ice cream, but their "ice cream novelties" are the best!
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I found substituting Chobani for certain things (especially things like Sour Cream) works well in some cases.

Chobani-Greek-Yogurt-Conversion-Chart.png
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I use Feta instead of other cheeses a lot. It only has 70 calories per oz. I also use less sugar every time I bake something. Spaghetti squash instead of pasta is really good and kind of tastes like pasta when you put sauce on it.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I use cottage cheese (blended) instead of sour cream...especially for veggie dip. I can have 1/2 a cup for 90 calories vs. only 2 TBSP.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza on a flatout tomatoe wrap or any kind of wrap that you want I just like this wrap because the calories are lower than a normal wheat wrap..... I LOVE PIZZA!
  • Pheeia666
    Options
    Instead of chips I eat chicken or Sun dried tomato flavoured rice crackers nom nom nom or apple pie no fat for me yoghurt 69 cals vs apple pie 200 cals+
  • cthready
    cthready Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    PB2,I love it, and live on it.

PB2 is my food hero.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I found substituting Chobani for certain things (especially things like Sour Cream) works well in some cases.

awesome, thanks for the conversion chart!!!

i love PB2, too, and also use vanilla yogurt in my macncheese instead of butter/milk - sooo delicious!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and cones are AMAZING and usually 150 cals, about 3g fat. I haven't tried the pints of ice cream, but their "ice cream novelties" are the best!

But they REALLY don't taste like the real thing! I'm always amazed at how many people love Skinny Cow, I think it tastes disgusting!! I've decided I'd much rather have 140 cals (1 serve) of full fat icecream instead of a 110cal skinny cow icecream sandwich.

- While I don't "swap" very often - I do often add lots of extra veggies to recipes - every thing from casseroles to meatballs to pasta sauces, soups etc - all have heaps of veggies in my house. It provides more bulk and more nutrition and usually less overall calories.
    - My husband is off dairy the moment so I've been using avocado in sandwiches instead of cheese.
    - Mayo mixed with red wine vinegar makes a lower calorie "pink" dressing
    - Coon light cheese slices taste really good
    - Sparkling mineral water instead of an alcoholic drink at the pub doesn't taste like the real thing but it fools people into thinking you are drinking so you don't get hassled.
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ive just discovered papadums! Pop one in the microwave for 30 seconds and you have the satisfaction of crunchy potato crisps but only 24 calories
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kind bars for any kind of candy bar. Wow! I love nearly all the flavors (any with cranberry I do not like). Fave right now is peanut butter dark chocolate. It almost (I said almost) remined me of a Snickers candy bar when I was eating it.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I just eat the real thing.....and make it fit into my goals for the day.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

But they REALLY don't taste like the real thing! I'm always amazed at how many people love Skinny Cow, I think it tastes disgusting!! I've decided I'd much rather have 140 cals (1 serve) of full fat icecream instead of a 110cal skinny cow icecream sandwich.

I agree. Skinny cow is SO GROSS. I tried an ice cream sandwich once and threw it away.

My swap is Oikos key lime greek yogurt for actual key lime pie. :smile:

Alright. I have no idea why what I said looks like a quote. Whatevs.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Last night I mixed 1 banana cut into pieces, 1TB of PB2 and 4TB of fat free cool whip and OMG it was like peanut butter / banana pie. Makes a huge serving and only 142 calories!!
  • gissalm
    gissalm Posts: 41
    Options
    I swapped Philadelphia cream cheese for the Laughing cow garden spread cheese ( taste the same) and they also have a strawberry and original flavor with a lot less fat and cals.

i swap white bread for the oroweat thins love them

normal bacon for the applegate organic turkey bacon its sooo delish!

my honey likes chorizo so i change it for a soy chorizo, it taste the same with a lot of less calories

and for ice cream craving I got the weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry bars, mmmh 80 cals and they taste so good!