Toning/Building Muscle regime?

Options
Is it better to do the whole "Monday: Upper Body, Tuesday: Lower, Wednesday: Upper" so on and so forth alternating every day, or is it better to narrow it down further into smaller components of an arms day, a legs and booty day, abs core, whole body, (repeat of trouble section or what not) and then a sole cardio day? I plan on working out six days a week, my body permitting, and having a rest day on Sunday to concentrate solely on emotional well being.

I'm trying to set up a regime for myself but can't seem to get myself past the basics here, haha!

Also, any tips on quick but healthy lunches to take to university/work/etc that don't need heating or refrigeration? I'm getting a bit bored of the usual sandwiches, funnily enough. ;)

Ps, I've just realised this may not have been the best board to post this question too, sorry! :s

Thanks in advance!
xx

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Look into Stronglifts 5x5
  • smilingsiarra
    Options
    Having a look at it, and it seems to mostly be aimed at men. Will it still work for me?
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Devilishly - I sent you an email regarding recommendations for your fitness program.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Having a look at it, and it seems to mostly be aimed at men. Will it still work for me?

Indeed
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Indeed

^^ this. There is no reason for women to lift differently than men.
  • smilingsiarra
    Options

Indeed

^^ this. There is no reason for women to lift differently than men.

I didn't think there was any reason, but the way he writes on the website made it seem like I might have had my facts wrong, haha. :)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The strong lifts website does seemed to aimed only at men but its not. Do a search on it and you'll find another thread on MFP - there are quite a few females on here that do it